Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Audi MMI

Operating System

Android Auto

My Question or Issue

Hi, bought an Audi A3 from 2018 with the MMI and Android Auto.

Everything works, I can listen to my music. What's odd, if I browse Spotify by artist on my car's screen it only shows the three newest album's of said artist and I can't seem to find a way to show all album's of an artist. 

Is this an odd security feature or a bug or am I doing smt. wrong?

7 Replies

Hey @Apfel2aft,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're not sure how the app looks like exactly on your car head unit, but we're certain the app on the head unit will probably not have the full functionalities of the mobile app.

If you want the full functionalities of the mobile app in your car, you can connect your mobile device with the car radio per Bluetooth.

As we continuously strive to improve the user experience in our app, we hope to see the ability to scroll the full artist discography on car head units aswell some day.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

Any update on this? Would love to be able to see and select from all albums in an artists discography via the Android auto Spotify app in the stereo head unit.

We can only see the 3 most recent albums for each artist added to a library.

This is an issue for me on the 2023 Mazda 3 carbon edition.  Why is there no way to see all the albums on spotify android auto?!?!

+1 for this

I have the latest versions of Spotify and Android Auto on my phone.

I was also able to see only three (probably random) albums when browsing by artist, but even that has been removed now.

I really find it hard to believe that nobody at Spotify is using Android Auto and hasn't noticed this.

Also, I don't think that choosing an album you want to listen to is some "extra functionality" for a music player.

Finally, we can say that Spotify doesn't care about their users security while driving, as the standard reply is "just use your phone".

Exactly. I took the time to browse to an artist on the letter S on Android Auto only to find... About 5 of their songs? Why would I ever use Android Auto to select a single, specific song to play? Should that even be a thing? Having albums makes way more sense for someone that is driving.

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue?

Thanks!

Any updates on this issue?

I checked a few days ago, and I can still only see 3-4 albums of each artist.

Suggested posts