Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android headunit starts off with "no internet connection"

Spotify on Android headunit starts off with "no internet connection"

Whenever i go driving, i use Spotify as my default music player. More often than not, i play files from downloaded albums and/or downloaded playlists.

This used to work fine, as in when i stopped my car, the headunit would go to sleep, and when i returned and started the car, Spotify would pick up where i left it.

Now, i am always greeted by a message saying "no internet connection available" (or something like that), which i can then ignore, browse to my playlist again, and start playing songs again.

There is no point where i am not able  to play the downloaded songs, Spotify just keeps "asking" for an internet connection, although it should not be needed as i am playing from downloaded material. I have tried offline mode on/off...but nothing changes.

How can i stop Spotify from exhibiting this behaviour?

5 Replies

Hey @bricklayer.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delayed response!

If you are still experiencing this issue, we'll be more than happy to give you a hand 🙂

Just to confirm:

• does this message appear at any particular time (e.g. when you start/stop your car), or is it constant?
  • does this only happen when you are connected to your car's audio system?
  • are you playing Spotify through Android Auto?

Once we have this information, we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi Peter

• The message appears when i start the car. (the actual message i believe is "Uups, something went wrong, that didn't work" and other variants, and then "no internet connection available")
  • It only happens on my cars "audio system", which is a "Joying" aftermarket chinese android headunit. It is NOT factory made headunit from a known car manufacturer. However, this used to work fine on my former aftermarket headunit.
  • No, i'm not playing through Android Auto....they have not released that in danish yet ;(

Thanks for getting back to me, hope you can help...it's quite annoying this behaviour!

Best regards

Thomas

Hey @bricklayer.

Thanks for getting back to us with that information.

Since you mentioned that it used to work on your previous headunit, it might be a compatibility issue between Spotify and the headunit you are currently using.

Just to make sure, is there any way you can try with another headunit?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Sadly no, i have sold the old headunit, as it was KitKat 4.4.4, and i had issues with updates. The new headunit is Android Oreo.

Hey @bricklayer.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is there any way you could try it on another headunit with the same Android version? Unfortunately we don't have the means to test this on our end.

If not, then I'm afraid there is not much we can do about it, and it is most likely a compatibility issue.

Do keep us posted in case you make any progress! 

Suggested posts