Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Galaxy G3: Offline music - stop auto download, how to organize, delete

Spotify on Galaxy G3: Offline music - stop auto download, how to organize, delete

Hi, I just got one month free Premium. I incorrectly thought I was "saving" albums for the last month but realized last night that I had to download them to my phone. I started the process (...not sure how), very slow - it took overnight to down load ~3000+ songs. I wouldn't have "saved" so many albums if I realized Spotify would try to download ALL of them. Now I am almost out of memory on my phone! Had to delete several apps I don't use often. Ugh. I didn't get an option of where to store the songs. It duplicated many, so I manually deleted the dups. Have plenty of songs. I put the Settings to Offline because everytime I turn my wifi on, Spotify tries to download yet more songs (don't need) to whatever storage I have. How do I stop the auto download? Anyway to delete entire albums or artists? Need help organizing offline music. Only gives Alphabettically or by Latest Download. HELP.

1 Reply

Hi there. I'd suggest a clean start.

open the app and tap settings then scroll to the bottom and wipe your cache. Open the app again and log in... now you won't have any offline playlists and can select the ones you want to be offline.

If you want to easily see what you have offline navigate t the relevant tab, i.e. albums and then if you pull down you will see some filters appear. You can select 'Offline Only' which will allow you to see the albums you have stored for offline listening.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts