Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Samsung TV 2018 Model

Operating System

Tizen

Issue

After returning into Spotify it cannot resume last played song.

Reproduce:

1. Open spotify and start play song

2. Open another Samsung App

3. Return into Spotify

4. I see previously played song for second but then it dissapear and I need to find playlist again.

Still love Spotify! But please fix this, it's really annoying 😞

Hey folks,

Thanks for addressing this 🙂

Writing to confirm everything should work as expected now.

If you come across another issue regarding this, it'd be great if you'd write in Help.

Cheers!

Top Answer
Ver
Spotify Legend

Hey @Bozeboom,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We can only offer support for the latest version of the app downloaded from our official sources.

We'd like to try one more thing. Could you check the advanced settings Fragmentation Length and CTS/RTS Threshold under your router setting as they are responsible for keeping connections active? You can try changing them to 2346 and 2347 respectively to see if that changes anything.

Tip: It's a good idea to note down the default values of those in order to be able to revert them.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Comments

Currently, the Samsung TV app (tizen, tested on Q60T) does not remember what you were last playing if you navigate away from the Spotify app. Steps to reproduce:

1. Listen to Spotify on a Samsung TV
  2. Go to a different app, such as Youtube.
  3. Open the Spotify app again. The app completely forgot it was playing anything, and you have to login and navigate to the playlist to play it from the beginning.

Meanwhile, Spotify apps on other devices (for the same Spotify account) correctly remember what playlist and track the TV was playing. Resuming playback from the same spot on the TV is possible, but you have to resume playback on one of these other devices (such as the Android app or MacOS app), and then fling the playback to the TV from those apps, using Spotify Connect.

I would like so that it was possible to resume playback on the TV itself, without having to use another device for that.

Bozeboom

Anyone found a solution for this? Just last week I started having the same problem, also on a Samsung Tizen television (2017 model).

I tried reinstalling the Spotify app from the Samsung app store, but it seems it has not been updated after 2019 anyway, so I don't think an app update was the problem.

Mihail

Hey @Bozeboom and @jurosh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. @jurosh does the problem persists after reinstalling the app for you as well? 

@Bozeboom note that even if your app is on the latest version, it's still possible that some of it's files can get damaged. This is usually resolved by a reinstall. 

We also recommend that you check for updates for both the app and your TV. If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if this happens only when using another app with sound output (like YouTube) or all apps on your TV?

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Bozeboom

Hi Mihail,

Thanks for the quick reply. I completely uninstalled the Spotify app, then looked it up on the Samsung Tizen app store and reinstalled it again.

I just updated the TV's software (from version 1280 to 1290, if it matters), it doesn't seem to change the problem.

Not entirely sure what you mean by checking other sound apps, but Spotify does play songs fine in general. It's just that it doesn't want to resume if you switch to another app and switch back to the Spotify app, which did work fine before. You now have to manually find and look up the song/playlist again.

It also happens if you stay in the Spotify app, pause a song, and it goes to the main Spotify "opening" menu automatically after around 15 minutes. Here Spotify also used to be able to just resume the last played song/playlist by pressing the play/pause button on the remote.

YouTube for example does remember the position inside a video after switching back and forth to another app.

Thanks again for your help, hopefully we can find a solution to this small but pretty annoying problem.

Alex

Hi @Bozeboom,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try to Log out Everywhere and then log back in only in the app on your TV? This way your account will be resynchronized with the servers.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

Bozeboom

Hi Alex, 

I used the "Signout everywhere" option at the bottom of Account overview (Spotify website) and logged in only on the TV, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to change the behaviour.

Alex

Hi @Bozeboom,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try connecting your TV to another network? You can create a mobile hotspot from your phone and connect the TV to that network for test purposes. This will help us determine if the issue is connected to the network connection.

Cheers.

Bozeboom

Hi Alex,

Thanks again. Having the TV on a mobile hotspot doesn't seem to change anything. 

And to be clear, below I highlighted the little indication that Spotify is playing/can resume that used to persist, but now disappears after app switching/timeout (as was mentioned in the original post by jurosh).

IMG_20210218_140956__01.jpg

Eni

Hi @Bozeboom,

Thanks for sending us this info. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your TV to check if the issue persists with a different account?

Keep us posted!

Bozeboom
Hi Eni,

With another account it's still the same issue.