Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on android is to loud

Solved!

Spotify on android is to loud

Greetings,

I have Spotify on a Android Tablet

I can trun the "Media Volume" output while playing Music on Spotify but:
If i use my Tomtom Navigation or other Navigations, the voice output uses the same Channel "Media Volume" and the Voice of the navigationsystem is to quiet. 

If the navigation app say somthing the Musik of Spotify stops and i cant nerly hear what it does say and than its continues.

The loudness of Spotify is nerly double high as the Navigationssystems

I already turned the loudness of the Navigation systems to maximum

What can i do?

Is there a way to customize the loudness of Spotify??

frendly regarts 

Bengele

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This could be because Spotify cleverly hides the equaliser under "Audio Effects".

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Spotify 'cleverly' only give the "Audio Effects" option if you have an expensive phone running the latest operating system.
How 'clever' to make a music player without the ability to change the volume. Genius, Spotify.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

If you open the equaliser for Spotify (Settings>Audio Effects) then you can pull down the sliders to reduce the overall volume. If you don't want to affect the sound of the music then be sure to move each slider down an equal amount.

Hope this helps, Tom

I've also been trying to work out how to lower the volume of Spotify on Android, but I can't find the equaliser you mentioned.
If I click on the 3-horizontal-bars-icon to open up the left sidebar (why on earth don't you get to settings by clicking the usual button on the phone? This is so counter-intuitive), I get a list of icons such as Search, What's New, Radio, etc etc with Settings at the bottom.
In Settings, I see options such as Offline mode, Private Session, Show on Facebook, etc but I don't see an equaliser anywhere.
This is really important, as I want to use the phone as a SatNav, but also I like to go to sleep with headphones listening to Spotify, but still wake up to an alarm on full volume in the morning.
Thanks,
Bob

I'm suspecting that I don't have access to this equaliser, as I don't have the latest phone with the latest operating system. If the volume can't be lowered on my Galaxy Y (which I bought new a couple of months ago), then I'll have to cancel my premium subscription, as the only reason I bought it was so that I could use Spotify on my phone. Not much point to that if I can't use my SatNav, or listen to music in bed.

Hmm perhaps your phone doesn't have an equaliser built in.

This app should give you the same functionality.

It should integrate with spotify so that you can open it in the above mentioned way (Settings>Audio Effects).

Below is a screenshot of the settings option.

Hope this helps, Tom

Screenshot_2013-07-04-16-00-25.png

I already tried with a different equaliser, but I tried the one you recommended- the equaliser affects everything including the alarm, completely negating the whole point of using it. I can't believe that Spotify didn't include a way to change the individual volume of the app, surely the #1 feature that any music player should have?!? Very very disappointed after paying to upgrade to premium, will downgrade again, as it's pretty much pointless.

Oh apologies, I hadn't actually used the app myself however its design looked very similar to the stock android equaliser.

On devices with the stock equaliser app Spotify supports using it to add per app settings.

Unfortunately it appeares that this equaliser isn't included on every device (could be because of android version or OEM skin) and so some people aren't able to customise their sound settings.

You could suggest this feature on the ideas forum.

Tom

well i think you are missing one important point. with the stock equlizer i can only turn the complete "media volume" channel

that means if i turn down the loudness the navigationsystems are also quieter

I'm not sure if we're on about the same equaliser here.

On my Nexus 4 when the equaliser (shown in attachment) is accessed through an app those settings are just saved for that app.

So opening the equaliser in another app allows you to set different levels (or just leave it as it is)

Screenshot_2013-07-04-16-00-34.png
Marked as solution

This could be because Spotify cleverly hides the equaliser under "Audio Effects".

Marked as solution

Spotify 'cleverly' only give the "Audio Effects" option if you have an expensive phone running the latest operating system.
How 'clever' to make a music player without the ability to change the volume. Genius, Spotify.

Well i own a old device (Desire Z) but with the new operatingsystem (rooted modded and so on) so it is not expansiv at all 😄 😉 *just a side note*

I thank you for the solution and it seems that the "newer" spotify versions getting more and more complicated.

With frendly regarts 

Bengele

Suggested posts