Premium

Country

Israel 

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi note 5

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question: 

Having a really hard time with the app on mobile lately. Since 3 days ago I started to experience some really long loading times, it can either be when I switch between library/search/home, when I try to put a playlist on, when searching for a song etc...

It even takes couple of seconds (say between 5-10) to start the app when the logo is coming up. Very wierd, never experienced something like that with the app, which has been a little bit slow at times but nothing like that. 

The last problem is when I play a song. The song will not start immediately, but at a random time, can be 10 second after it for instance. Every click on a button will generate an action only couple of seconds after I click. Very weird. 

Right now I'm not really able to use the app to be honest. 

Already tried restarting my phone, change to a different internet connection... 

Any help? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @Eladkamma ,

Glad that helped! You can put it back in. The problem is with storing data in the SD card, but that should be fixed now!

Also remember to give Spotify permission to storage. (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage)

And If it worked, could you please set my reply as the solution? That way other people who have the same problem can find the answer easily.

🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello @Eladkamma ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Can you try clearing cache? You can do that by going to the settings menu in Spotify.

If that doesn't work, try re-installing the application.

Let me know if it worked or if you need further help.

i)

Hey there! 

Thank for you answer!

Tried them both right now, didn't work. 

Can't seem to get through, the app is totally black like in this attachment. 

Is there any other thing I can do? 

Screenshot_2019-03-19-18-13-57-394_com.spotify.music.png

Hello again, 

Do you have a memory card installed? If so, try removing it, restart your phone and open Spotify.

Did that.

The app is going a lot faster! My whole library is on this as card, so what was the problem excatly? The problem was using the as card as the storage for the app? 

Is there anything I can do to make it work with the external card too? 

Marked as solution

Hi again @Eladkamma ,

Glad that helped! You can put it back in. The problem is with storing data in the SD card, but that should be fixed now!

Also remember to give Spotify permission to storage. (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage)

And If it worked, could you please set my reply as the solution? That way other people who have the same problem can find the answer easily.

🙂

Hi,

I followed your advice and now Spotify stores my offline music on my internal storage and no longer uses the SD card.

Is there a way to store offline music on the SD card no not be slow? It wasn't this slow a couple of weeks ago.

Suggested posts