Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on mobile pauses

Solved!

Spotify on mobile pauses

Hello!
When I play spotify on mobile so pauses the music when I change the volume on the cell phone.
Why??
Have a Samsung S2 with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and the latest version of Spotify.

/Magnus

Sweden

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is when you use the volume rocker on the phone itself, not on any remote? Does it do the same when you play music using the stock music player?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have had this problem for quite a while now and today i found the solution! Hallelujah haha.

Open Spotify on your computer and untick the box "Enable Hardware Acceleration" in Edit > Preferences > Playback.

I hope it helps you too!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hello!

Hmmm.. did this happen before the current version or did this just start happening? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

It started in late summer

It's a bit annoying when to raise and lower volume and the music pauses all the time 😕
Spoiler

Have you tried a clean install?

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Yes, but it did not help

Marked as solution

This is when you use the volume rocker on the phone itself, not on any remote? Does it do the same when you play music using the stock music player?

This is when i use the volume rocker on the phone itself and i have same problem with my tablet.

And the stock music player does the same thing? This is the first time I've seen this reported. Are you using some sort of app on your devices which could be causing this to happen? Are the devices rooted or using a non-standard rom?

I have the same issue with the Latest Spotify (0.7.9.1170) and the new Sony Xperia Z2 (4.4.2). After a while when wanting to change volume (both up and down!) by pressing the volume rocker twice, the music is paused! this is 100% repeatable. 

How sould I report it? 

BR

Michael

I have the EXACT same problem with my Xperia Z1. Music also pauses when receiving push notifications, sms or similar. 

Please help!!

Have reinstalled Spotify, but didn't help. 

Yeah, same here with my Samsung S5.
Where do I find the hardware acceleration?
Is that in my phone, or in the Spotify app?

I'm in the same place as you guys. It happened before with this same galaxy s4 as I use, don't know what I did but I solved it after some time. But a coupple of days ago now it came back… it really is sickening, I want Spotify to bring me a solve as soon as possible…

Same problem,  both nexus 7 2nd gen and HTC one M8. 

Marked as solution

I have had this problem for quite a while now and today i found the solution! Hallelujah haha.

Open Spotify on your computer and untick the box "Enable Hardware Acceleration" in Edit > Preferences > Playback.

I hope it helps you too!

Hallelujah!!!!! It works!! 🙌

Suggested posts