Premium

Country

NL

Device

S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify opens and plays by itself! I knew this was an issue before and that there was a fix for it. However, this never happened to me until yesterday. It's extremely frustrating. Thanks Mark

3 Replies

Hey, @Sparky79NL 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Firstly, I recommend that you try to sign out from every device you may connected your account. To do it, just go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

After that, I also suggest that you reset your password.

Try those tips and then let me know in the future if the issue was solved on wasn't.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately that didn't resolve it. However, it only seems to happen with headphones plugged in and very weirdly when my phone rings. I know this sounds strange indeed but it is 100% true as I'm working from home and this is when it is happening?????

Hey again, @Sparky79NL 

I know that sounds complicated, but considering you've already followed the tips I've sent you before, now I recommend that you try a clean reinstallation of the app. Just take a look at this article below to get help about how to do it:

And if possible, try to change your password just to avoid unregular activity on your account.

Keep me posted about your issue status and if you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts