Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify opens and starts playing after phone call

Spotify opens and starts playing after phone call

I just upgraded to premium. Ever since then, if I take a phone call, or miss a phone call... The spotify app opens and just starts playing. It isn't previously open, or running in the background necessarily. It's very disruptive and actually startles me a lot. I'm on the Samsung Note 5.
Any help is appreciated !
11 Replies

Same issue. Samsung Note 5 with latest updates. Need issue resolved right away as this is a work phone.

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading my phone to a Samsung Galaxy J7.

Same issue here on a Samsung S7. It started a few days ago. This was not happening before. Please fix!

+1 Here.  About to uninstall.  Samsung Note 5.  After every phone call, it starts playing.  Not cool.

Same issue, it's annoying as **bleep**!

Spotify starts playing after a call. App Version 8.4.4.810, Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S6.

Imagine, you decline a call in a business meeting and your music starts playing... Yeah, that's what happes to me now...

Same problem here with a samsung s8

Same here and it is extremly annoying. In a meeting; decline a phonecall and music starts playing.
Needs to be resolved fast

I found a solution that worked for me, from another user in this forum @giancarlo1972 in this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-app-keeps-popping-up-on-its-own/td-p/824751/page/2

"

I have a solution for this . My it was happening on GS6 Edgeplus on Marshmellow 6.0.1 . I logged the phone went to Android Settings

1- Settings

2- Applications

3- Applications Management

4- Spotify

5- Notifications

6- Previews in Pop-ups

I hope it helps!

"

The bug causing this has been identified and a fixed app should be released soon according to a post in this thread.

Same here and it is extremly embarressing. Decline a phonecall and music starts playing. 
Needs to be resolved fast

Same here. This happened to me in the movie theatre of all places. How embarrassing. I'm using a galaxy s8 plus.

Suggested posts