Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify pauses the music automaticl​y on Galaxy SIII (online and offline mode).

Spotify pauses the music automaticl​y on Galaxy SIII (online and offline mode).

Hi, the subject says it.

When I play music on my S3, the music stops automatticly. It is quitte annoying, after playing 1 or 2 songs it stops middle of the song. I really got irritated of it. THe music stops playing also in Offline mode. I just have my spotify 2/3 day -,-

Any solutions?

12 Replies

This sounds really odd. This is even if you keep it alive / device not going to sleep mode or such?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thank you for responding.

When the S3 is alive or blocked it plays 2 songs and at the 3rd song in the middle it pauses. It's pretty annoying when I am playing music in the car using Spotify and suddenly it pauses. It drives me crazy.

Hey 🙂

Have you tried completely remving the Spotify application, rebooting your phone and then installing it again from google play? 

Could be a small client bug which this should reset.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Aloha Hammeh/Peter,

I did it yesterday and unfortunately it did not work. The music still pauses on my Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300.

Any other tips? 

Thanks!

This has to be some odd thing on the device itself. If it was me, I would just backup the device - factory reset it - format USB storage - format SD card (or backup the device using my backup pro or such to the SD card - remove the SD card - insert a blank one, to be sure no indication of Spotify is in the device, and then install the Spotify as the first application to the device and see if it works any better.

I think it could be a settings issue / problem with a 3rd party application or such might cause trouble.

Do you have the device set to some power save mode or such?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I think all recent Samsung Android phones have a volume limiter running while using with anything plugged into the headphone jack.  On my Galaxy Exhibit 4G, when I am raising the volume, when I get within 3-4 clicks of max volume it displays a message about raising the volume any higher can lead to hearing loss, etc.  If I ignore that and go to max volume, it will pause playback at a certain point (presumably when it measures dB at a certain level?), and will drop the volume down as well.  This happens on all music apps in my experience, Spotify, Google Play Music, etc.

When in the car, I raise the phone's volume right up until I see that message and I go no further.  I don't have the pausing when doing that. 

Not positive your problem is exactly the same, but if it is, maybe a lower volume setting will keep that automatic pausing kicking in.

Also, as an additional note I've tried "freezing" some of the random audio apps/codecs with Titanium Backup, and regardless of what I froze the auto-pause volume limit still kicked in.  It's possbily hard baked into Samsung's software.

Good luck.

Same behaviour here.  It's odd but it consistently, yet randomly happens in the Classical radio station.  It never happens in the alternative radio station.

This happens to me, too. I bought my Galaxy S3 around Christmas, and I automatically update the Spotify app whenever an update is available.

I rarely get to 2 full songs. It usually pauses sometime during the 2nd song.

If I unlock my phone and go back to the "now playing" screen, it resumes. I don't actually have to hit play.

But keeping my phone from locking does not fix this.

Any official word from Spotify on this bug? Anyone find any material elsewhere online?

Not only does it just STOP (usually when I'm in the shower; really makes me feel that premium for $10 a month is WORTH IT 😕 , but it will also randomly lower the volume to an unacceptable level. The only fix is to manually restart the song or select another. The worst thing it does is lose all volume (all other sounds work, however). This requires killing the app and restarting or sometimes rebooting the phone. WHAT JOY!! I'm pretty sure I didn't want to spend $10 per month on these features. I am trying it now with the EQ shut off, but for $10 per month I want my EQ to *work*.

Please fix this or I will just stop paying and go to something else while using it in free mode. This is extremely irritating. i have done everything suggested; wipping out data & cache, uninstall, delete spotify dir, reboot, install spotify from play store, it still DON'T work so I'm sick of that "fix" - come up with something better. How can I help you help me?

Galaxy s3, rooted, 64gb sd card w/40.14gb free; 16gb device, 1.73gb free. spotify dir is on 16gb internal sd card (I'd LOVE to move it to my external SD card but you seem to include features that don't work instad of useful (working) features.

shg-t999, 4.1.1 android, spotify ver 0.5.13.63

I haven't noticed this problem on my galaxy s2 or tab2 tablets (7" and big 10"). Also haven't noticed on my windows netbook, macbook pro, chromebook or Ubuntu 12.04 laptops

PLEASE HELP BEFORE I HAVE TO BECOME ADDITED TO BENZODIAZEPINES FOR RELIEF!

Thanks

The first thing to do is go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify thread and provide more info, if you haven't already.

On a personal note, I used to have a S3 and never had any trouble with the Spotify app.

Also, we can't support rooted phones, so if you want to get to the bottom of this you'll have to go back to stock and let us know how you fare.

Community Ergo Sum

All my Android phones and tablets are rooted. It only has problems on the s3. It plays fine on my rooted s2... both my rooted tab2's ......

I've checked the numerous threads with no luck. I *did* notice that a lot of people are having difficulties with the s3. Now how can you help me get this to work? Is there something I can install that will send you information which will help you identify the problem? I am willing to help you out but so far you have not been very helpful.

I've created a bug thread to gather everyone's feedback.

If we can get enough information from enough S3 users, perhaps we can find a pattern.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts