Spotify pauses when phone is locked

Spotify pauses when phone is locked

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy A30

When I lock my screen, or when the screen times out and locks, Spotify will stop playing every 10 minutes or so. Turning on the screen starts the music again and it plays for a bit before stopping again. I also have a Samsung chromebook that this happens on.

I've been using Spotify for months and this has only started happening this week. I thought it was a bad internet connection at first, but it happens even on data and at other people's houses (with better internet than mine).

There are a couple other threads where people had this problem, but none of the solutions have worked for me. Here are the things I've tried already:

• Taking Spotify off of the "Sleeping Apps" list (it was not on mine)
  • Allowing background activity (it was already allowed)
  • Turning "Put app to sleep" off (didn't help)
  • Deselecting Spotify from the "optimize battery usage" list (didn't help, this seems to be what solved the issue for most people though)
  • Turning off the music widget in the FaceWidgets menu (didn't help)
  • Logging out everywhere and logging back in (didn't help)
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify (didn't help)

After I tried each of the above I turned my phone off, left it for about a minute, and turned it back on again. I have spent way more time than I wanted to trying to fix this.  If anyone has other ideas, PLEASE let me know! I'm seriously considering switching back to Google Music Unlimited, which I really don't want to do because Spotify has a better selection and all my playlists are here. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Reply

Hey there @jobutzow,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

There was a fix for this issue earlier this year, so with the newest version of the app you should be able to enjoy your music on your phone without interruptions once again.

Give us a shout, in case the issue persists and we'll investigate this further for you. And also if this is still happening on your Chromebook, we recommend using our web player for now, since there is no official app for Chromebooks available yet. For full information on this, we recommend you check out this thread.

Let us know how you get on. 

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts