Premium/Family

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8, PC

Operating System

Android 8.0, Windows 7, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The issue happens occasionally where a song is saved via the "+" symbol to the PC Spotify app (or the Android Spotify app) and when checking my "Songs" on the Android Spotify app (or the PC Spotify app) the song does not show up. It is not a lagged sync where the songs eventually show up on both devices. There have been times when I have forgotten about a song that I saved because I will play music in my car from my saved songs and realize later on the PC at work that there is another song in the list that was missed in the car. The song will show up in the list of songs on the PC app but are missing on the Android app (the issue also happens where a song will be saved in the android app but missing on the pc app). This is annoying because I like to find songs while at work and then play them while driving in the car. The issue is not resolved by closing the app(s), restarting the phone or PC, logging out of the app(s), uninstalling and reinstalling the app(s). Usually when i discover a missing song I will have to unsave it and then resave it so that it shows up on all devices. Screen shots are attached.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-06 at 7.50.49 PM.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-06 at 7.51.53 1 PM.jpg
2 Replies

Plan

Premium/Family

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8, PC

Operating System

Android 8.0, Windows 7, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The issue happens occasionally where a song is saved via the "+" symbol to the PC Spotify app (or the Android Spotify app) and when checking my "Songs" on the Android Spotify app (or the PC Spotify app) the song does not show up. It is not a lagged sync where the songs eventually show up on both devices. There have been times when I have forgotten about a song that I saved because I will play music in my car from my saved songs and realize later on the PC at work that there is another song in the list that was missed in the car. The song will show up in the list of songs on the PC app but are missing on the Android app (the issue also happens where a song will be saved in the android app but missing on the pc app). This is annoying because I like to find songs while at work and then play them while driving in the car. The issue is not resolved by closing the app(s), restarting the phone or PC, logging out of the app(s), uninstalling and reinstalling the app(s). Usually when i discover a missing song I will have to unsave it and then resave it so that it shows up on all devices. Screen shots are attached.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-06 at 7.50.49 PM.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-06 at 7.51.53 1 PM.jpg

Hey @wylieca , welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try the following steps: 

• Log out of your Spotify account and back in from all your devices
  • Try connecting your device to a different network connection and making sure that Spotify is set as an exception with their firewall settings and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, we can recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • Try a clean reinstall of the app on all of your devices.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts