Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playing songs not in my playlist.

Solved!

Spotify playing songs not in my playlist.

I recently reinstalled sotify after getting annoyed and opting to use youtube which is not as good. I don't have premium and don't intend to get it. The problem is I have a playlist with the songs from xxxtentacions new album 17. I try to play this playlist and it will play 1 song at most from the playlist and then it will switch to some annoying american rap and old xxtentacion songs which I dislike. I've seen a lot of people saying to turn off the autoplay feature but i've done this and nothing has changed.

I think this the worst part of spotify and don't know why they ever opted to add it. Please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @prismodismo!

With Spotify Free on mobile, you get ad-supported, shuffle-only access on compatible devices, with also Suggested Tracks.To reduce the number of Suggested Tracks you get, try adding more artists into your playlists.

If you're playing from a tablet or PC, this limitation might not appear. Find out more here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The only way to avoid spotify playing suggested songs on mobile is to subscribe. Alternatively listen on a PC or tablet.

More on the help page about Spotify Free.

@Joe wrote:

The only way to avoid spotify playing suggested songs on mobile is to subscribe. Alternatively listen on a PC or tablet.

More on the help page about Spotify Free.

What do you mean subscribe. Sorry im not vey knowledgeable about the app

Take out a premium subscription.

oh ok. i will think about paying that. thank you.

Marked as solution

Hi @prismodismo!

With Spotify Free on mobile, you get ad-supported, shuffle-only access on compatible devices, with also Suggested Tracks.To reduce the number of Suggested Tracks you get, try adding more artists into your playlists.

If you're playing from a tablet or PC, this limitation might not appear. Find out more here.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to disagree with all the replies but to date (Feb. 2018) I play Spotify on my iPad and this VERY ANNOYING fact of Spotify refusing to play my playlist songs and instead going to recommended songs is the reason I will not pay for Spotify  ( my playlist has over 100 songs so... The " less than 12 songs" issue doesn't apply). 

I wish spotify would honor their "playlist" option so that it actually functions as a playlist!  And not just for premium users.

very disappointing.

Then there would be no point to subscribing 🙂

Suggested posts