premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Note 20 ultra

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I had upgraded my phone in December and did not have any problems until around mid January

I am not sure what happened but somewhere around 3 weeks ago I started noticing Spotify would automatically start playing one specific playlist at random periods.

I could be playing games, watching movies, etc and it would suddenly start playing the "sleep" spotify playlist in the background.

the odd thing is that this happened around the time I had added the playlist to my follow list.

The only constant in the frequency in playing by itself.. is that specifically between 5.40am - 5.50 am. It would start playing the same playlist. How do I disable this? 

As for the rest of the day it does occasionally pop up once in a while but not every day. So I have no idea what is triggering it.

I have tried :
Logging out from mobile
Logging out from all devices on the website
Clear cache
Uninstalling and Reinstalling

I thought that since Samsung music integrates Spotify the change maybe there but nothing could be found there either.

The only other possible event is that I updated the os around that time period. 

10 Replies

Hey @SpartanFury,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

It's a good idea to go ahead and secure your account using the instructions in this Support Page. Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm pretty sure that's not the issue.

I did reset the password and even logged out everywhere..

However i still have the problem where it turns on at around 6 am playing the "sleep" playlist.

Just as added information I did follow the sleep playlist awhile back but I don't expect it to start playing on its own frequently.

I tried unfollowing and even tried opening up other playlists.. however at 6 am the sleep playlist starts up again

Hey @SpartanFury,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Keep in mind that Spotify can't play music automatically. In this case, we suggest that you follow the instructions under the Lost anything? section of the article @Mihail sent previously so our Support team can take a look at your account and help you with this.

We're always a post away in case you have any questions.

Have a good one!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm interested in what the support team might have found.
I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Spotify starts playing songs that do not relate to anything I usually listen to and starts playing the songs on it's own.

This always happen in the morning when I wake up and check my phone, then close the clear cover and put the phone down.

Lately it has been playing Girls just wanna have fun then it switches to Our House: Madness and then plays girls just wanna have fun again in the next morning.

It doesn't play songs every single morning but it has been doing this pretty much for a year now. I'm not sure if it did this last year on my S20 Ultra. I had a premium package or free package for a long time but now switched to family to last Thursday.

This is pretty hilarious really. I thought it's just a Spotify trait. But is the Spotifys artificial intelligence slowly becoming more self aware just wanting me to be amused with songs it picks and plays? 😄

Hey @Arisama,

Thanks for reaching out.

Remember to follow the steps in the articles that @Mihail shared above and if the issue persists, make sure to follow what @Eni suggested above so our Support team can further assist you with this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

I happen to have similar issue. Somedays (totally random) My Spotify starts automatically playing next song on the last playlist I listened. I have done all the things mentioned in @Mihail posted and only third party app that has rights to my Spotify account is 'Spotify web player'. Is the some more actios that I can take so Spotify dont't wake at 7.01 am. in random mornings?

Hey @1138815070,

We're sorry to see you've been experiencing this issue.

In this case, you could try performing the following steps in the Bixby settings:

1. Search for "Bixby routines" and select "My routines" at the bottom of the page
  2. This will take you to another page with a few routine options that have been set
  3. Toggle the slider to turn it off any routine that includes Spotify

If this doesn't help, we'd suggest taking a look into this thread as well 🙂

Let us know how it goes.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

After much time trying to figure this out, I realized it was a Bixby Routine. 

Super easy fix for me, just opened Bixby Routines and changed wake up routine.

I actually like it, I just had it set to a Playlist I didn't like. I've now switched it to a Playlist I prefer and wake up to Playing For Change!

Getting a 404 error. 

Hey @Collin54111,

Thanks for the response. Where exactly do you see this error? What steps did you follow? Please send us a screenshot of the error, that would be very helpful too 🙂

We'll be keeping an eye out for your response.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts