Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & New Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5g

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I'm currently experiencing issues in which Spotify freezes specifically when listening to Podcasts. It appears to happen mostly when the app is opened, or content is paused, while an ad is playing. Pausing and opening the app while the podcast content is playing doesn't yield the same issues. 

Attempting to circumvent the issue by changing to a different podcast, starting a music playlist, closing/re-opening, or force quitting/reopening the app does not resolve the issue. To resolve, a device reboot is required.

This has been experienced on my old Samsung Galaxy Note 9, as well as with my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5g. This issue does not seem to occur when listening to just music, and appear to be directly linked to ads playing on the podcast.

3 Replies

Hey @Birkinator

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Make sure you try a clean reinstall of Spotify on your Samsung device. We recommend this step since it'll remove any corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Good Morning,

Unfortunately, i'd already tried a clean install, to no avail. This is now occurring on a completely separate, brand new, device as well, so the issue isn't device or cache based. I've also experienced this issue all over the city on cell and Wifi, so I don't believe this is a network related issue either, especially with a reboot being the only fix. 

To reiterate, it appears to be specific to the Podcast portion of the app, and only when opening the app while an ad is playing. 

Is there a way that i can pull and submit logs, or submit a bug report on this?

Thank you!

Hey @Birkinator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Next thing you can try is if you experience the same when logging in to a different Spotify account on your device. You can ask a friend or family member to do it for you or create a test account. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.  

In case you observe the same on another account as well, could you send us a short video recording showing how this looks on your end? Just attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

Suggested posts