Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium deletes downloaded playlists

Spotify premium deletes downloaded playlists

Hi - ever since I have updated the app on my S1, Spotify keeps deleting downloaded playlists. The playlists may stay for a day, or until I restart either my phone or the app, but then will disappear. I have even tried deleting all cached files and re-downloading everything again from scratch. This worked temporarily and then stopped again.

Any ideas? This is a pain because downloading playlists is the whole point of premium!

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try all of the steps in the android troubleshooting guide which will guide you through completely removing all of Spotify's files and then installing again. There used to be an active bug about this topic, but to my knowledge it was resolved a few releases ago. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter

I'm afraid the bug is very much still active but getting the attention of you guys seems almost impossible.

Please read:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Why-do-I-always-have-to-re-download-my-playlist/td-p/37...
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-New-music-won-t-stay-downloaded/td-p/162992/page/39

The latest release (0.5.13.63) is most definitely worse than the previous one.

I don't work for Spotify, but I will get those chased up for you see what is going on! 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi there - I went through this process last time it started happening. It temporarily fixed it for about a week but has since started doing it again...

I have reported this guys 🙂

Peter

Peter

I totally forgot to post here. 

This has been reopened as a bug (thank for the information) over on this topic

Can you please add your details there? 

Thanks

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts