Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium user in a foreign country

Solved!

Spotify premium user in a foreign country

Hi guys

I've got 2 new Android devices (phone and tablet) but can't seem to access Spotify in the Play Store? It seems that it picks up from my carrier that I'm no longer in the USA. Which isn't a problem as I have Spotify Premium but I can't download the software 😞

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go to the link below on your mobile browser to download the Spotify application manually from Spotify:

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Go to the link below on your mobile browser to download the Spotify application manually from Spotify:

http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can anyone give me the equivalent link for an iPhone (if there is such a thing)

I have the exact same problem, I'm a premium user from the UK living in Japan, where I recently bought an iPhone and the app is not available to download.

Thanks in advance 

Try going to m.spotify.com

Hi Joe, thanks a lot for your reply! That's what I did, but the link on m.spotify.com opens the app store, and then I get an error message saying that the app is not available in my country.

I assume once the app is downloaded, logging in with my premium account wouldn't be a problem, so it's just a matter of getting the files onto my iPhone. 

Any ideas?

Ah. Can you change your country back to a spotify country with Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID: > View Apple ID > Country/Region ?

Hey - I'm sorry to reply so late. I wanted to thank you because it worked!

I have you to thank every time I listen to music on way to school 😄 

Suggested posts