Country

Greece

Device

Xiaomi Redmi 9

Operating System

MIUI 12.0.2

My Question or Issue

I just bought this phone, it's brand new and spotify has this issue:
Every time I connect to PC while listening on Android, it connects, but spotify on android stops showing the currently playing song, and also removes almost all settings from being changeable. I can't control spotify from mobile that way (when I'm listening on PC). I was able to do it until now in my older Xiaomi Redmi Note 5! Please help me:(
*Sorry for my bad english*

3 Replies

Hey @StargazingDio

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if this still happens after running a clean reinstall of Spotify on both your PC and mobile phone? This will clean up leftover files that could be causing the issue. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall, check the hosts file on your PC for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps here on how to do that. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network to see how it goes. 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

Yes I have tried a clean reinstall and it didn't work. Also, I think you misunderstood my problem, sorry if I didn't explain it correctly. When I try to connect to PC by my Redmi 9, the music starts playing normally on PC and everything is good except that in my phone Spotify stops showing currently playing song and removes the settings. Also let me note that by using my older phone I can still connect like always without any problem whatsoever! 

Hey @StargazingDio,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Did you have the chance to try using a different internet network as @Ivan suggested? Perhaps a mobile hotspot would be a convenient way to test this?

If the issue persists, could you share a screenshot of how the app looks on bot devices when your using connect? That would allow us to get to the bottom of this quicker.

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts