Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify radio's album art and songs are grayed out

Spotify radio's album art and songs are grayed out

Hello. As the topic says, when I use radio in Android Spotify (I am a free user) the album art and song information is dark and very hard to see. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and if there is a fix. I have attached a picture to show what is happening. Thank you! Spotify_gray.png

12 Replies

Hi, this is because you are a free user - when the app detects that you can't play a track it greys it out...

There is currently no way around this, and it would effect all users 🙂

Are you sure about this? I have been using radio for months as a free user and have never had this problem.

@stegnersaurus wrote:

Are you sure about this? I have been using radio for months as a free user and have never had this problem.

I was until you said that 😕

It could have been introduced in the new version, or have you recently got a new device?#

I can't test it, as I am premium and am in the UK 😕

I am in the US and this is the same phone. I figured it might be a cache problem, but that didn't fix it.

I am also having this greyed out problem, which i figured I was over my monthly time limit as a user, so I just upgraded, still greyed out, I tried quitting Spotify, then logging back in, still no problem, does it take time for your account to be upgraded?

Radio on mobile is available to free users in the USA and has been ever since radio was introduced on mobile as far as I know.

This is presumably to try and compete with Pandora.

It is not available to free users on mobile anywhere else.

@SteveBrammer wrote:

Radio on mobile is available to free users in the USA and has been ever since radio was introduced on mobile as far as I know.

This is presumably to try and compete with Pandora.

It is not available to free users on mobile anywhere else.

I'm aware of that, but it doesn't help with this problem at all.

My reply was to @LiamW but this Lithium forum software doesn't make that very obvious, sorry about that.

@SteveBrammer wrote:

@my reply was to @LiamW but this Lithium forum software doesn't make that very obvious, sorry about that.

It does if you hit the quote button once in a while 😉

(And I know it has always been free in the US, so why mention it?)

@LiamW wrote:

@SteveBrammer wrote:

@my reply was to @LiamW but this Lithium forum software doesn't make that very obvious, sorry about that.

It does if you hit the quote button once in a while 😉

(And I know it has always been free in the US, so why mention it?)

You said: His problem was because he was a free user.

He said: That's strange because it's been working for months.

You said: Now I'm not sure.

I naturally assumed at that point that you didn't think it was possible for free users to use radio on mobile.

Sorry for all the confusion, please ignore everything I wrote 🙂

No worries 😉

I guess this is really an isolated problem then. Oh well, at least I tried. Thanks everyone.

Suggested posts