Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly changes songs in the middle & more

Solved!

Spotify randomly changes songs in the middle & more

Hey.

I have Galaxy note 8.

I've been using Spotify for about five months now. Lately my app began giving me problems. It's randomly changes songs in the middle, in within a playlist. It also changes to different playlists. It also plays music without me wanting. Even if I just passed pause. It's really annoying and i don't know what to do to fix it. Can't see anything in the settings that might affect it. I haven't changes anything in my usage routine.

What is even more wowei is the songs that the app plays. It keeps choosing music i never had in my library. In fact I never knew existed. Definitely not my type of music.

It also mostly chooses music by "Cannabis Club ATL" which i have no idea who they are.

I would have deleted the app already. But i am abroad traveling. If i delete it or try to reinstall i will lose about 30 gigabytes of music. And I can really redownload it because i am on a "budget"with data consumption.

Hopw you haeh any idea.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. It sounds like someone has gained access to your account. Check out the article 

Someone has taken over my account and follow the sreps there to fix it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. It sounds like someone has gained access to your account. Check out the article 

Someone has taken over my account and follow the sreps there to fix it.

After doing this i have not experienced the problem anymore. Thanks.

It's weird though, I can't think of a reason that someone would be able to use my account.

I haventh logged in frkm different devices, plus I log in with  Facebook and i haventh seen anything different on my Facebook either.

Glad it's fixed. It happened to me once. I used the same log in on other sites and a security breach on one of them caused me loads of problems. The moral of the story is to use unique logins on each site/service.

The problem actually is back.

I added a screenshot. The spotify is **bleep** playing music from\other devices.

It happens a lot. Especially when I connect to WiFi networks. And it's always weird music I've never hear. Scrambling my music library.

I tried in the settings to limit only to local devices in wifi but still it happens.

I tried logging out from all Spotify sessions. Even Facebook sessions. Changed passwords. Everything.

Still happens.

I am pretty close to canceling my subscription and deleting the app 😕

Screenshot_20180914-174622.jpg

It's still happening everytime!

Obviously something is wrong with the app. Why is there no option to block the "listen on other devices" feature?! Its ridiculous...

The app itself is shitty. The options are so limited.

Only good thing is the music service it self.

I'm done with this app, and this service.

I'm paying to get a decent controllavle app. Not this joke.

Suggested posts