Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly pauses the music.

Solved!

Spotify randomly pauses the music.

Hi,

I've been using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus for a long time, but I've always had an issuse with Spotify randomly pauses the music, and I have to restart the song.

This has been a problem since Android 4.0.2 up to 4.1.1 Jelly bean.

Is this something Spotify is aware off?

Please fix this, I'm tired of this being a problem, because I'm actually paying for this service.

I'm sure this is something I'm not alone with.

Thanks 

Atle

59 Replies

@CasanovaMax wrote:

I'm having the same problem here, i don't know why, it happens in online and offline mode.

Need some help, it's really annoying,

Im using the latest spotify version Android version 5.0.2 in a xperia z1 phone.

Did you try my quick fix???

Turn the volume down on your phone! it only ever paused for me when my volume was on full.

I noticed that spotify always pauses music when facebook app default notification pops up (the "pop" sound). it doesn't have problems with other notifications (sms, phone call, gmail..) just facebook. disabling sound for notification in facebook app solves that problem (probably changing it to other than default would solve it as well).

Thanks i have already solve it, i restarted my Phone and it worked. Seems it was an Android problem. Thanks.

How is that a solution???

I have a similar issue with it randomly pausing, however, it mostly pauses when I have the Lyft app (pauses very often) and/or the Uber Partner app (pauses every once in a while) open. I'm usually listening to podcasts, and when it pauses, it reverts the play time back to when I last paused it, or all the way back to the beginning if I haven't paused it. Being that most of the ones I listen to are usually 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours long, this is quite the annoyance having to search through that much time by a guestimate as to where I was. Is there a known compatibility issue with those two apps? I thought maybe it was the Bluetooth causing it, so I switched to an Auxiliary cord, but it still has the same issue. I've reinstalled the app, changed settings, and all that jazz already.

Virgin Mobile
LG Volt
Android 4.4.2

Turning down the volume is in no way a solution.

I had this problem for the last month and it's been driving me nuts however I've now discovered exactly what the problem is!. The problem is caused by a program called smart manager this is optimising the program and and making it pause. The simple solution is to basically uninstall smart manager. I did this and it worked perfectly problem solved.

Smart Manager on Samsung devices you mean?
I will defenitly try it, but I just have this Galaxy S7 for a few days. The pausing occured on mac OS and iPhone aswell.. So I am not to hopefull!

This problem started happening to me this morning and it pauses spotify every 5-40 seconds. Considering I listen to my music nearly constantly it really is very annoying. I have tried the methods posted on here and had no results. I have no clue what to try now.

Update: I cannot find how to delete the manager.. Any help on this?

Same here. Spotify works well using Samsung S7 edge. But when downloaded using the same account in Samsung S8+, music paused or stopped while playing. This is really annoying. So to-date, still no resolution?? Pls get back to us with solutions! Thanks!!

Works absolutely fine on my S8+ so maybe take a look at your power saving and android doze settings. 

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

[PSA] Samsung users please read!

Marked as solution

I tried everything the thread and the support line said and found the only solution was to do a factory reset on my phone. Its very annoying but at least it works.

Please verify if its not your faulty 3.5 port. I was having this problem, and realized, that phone kept switching from "headphones in" to "headphones out" mode. Watch a headphones indicator on status bar.

Replacing port solved the problem, if your music keeps pausing on every app(music app, spotify, yt etc.) when on headphones it is probably it.

Definitely not the headphone jack, as the problem would happen when playing
through the internal speaker or Bluetooth with no headphones connected..

That said, this pausing issue has seemed to stop on it's own.. (possibly
through updates?)

I did the same. Used Spotify for about a month and this issue is invvredibly annoying. I happen in the android app, the web player... doesnt matter. Cancelled and went back to google play music. Play music offers a vastly superior interface, especially when it comes to podcasts. 

Currently having this issue and none of the above fixes work (aside from a factory reset on the phone itself) any word on a fix??? 

I could never get it fixed. I ended up cancelling my account and moving
back to Google play music..... Which turns out it's much much better. Not
really sure why people like spotify so much. There are some services that
will migrate playlists from Spotify to Google play music.

Does Google let you download your playlist to play offline?

Yes they do. You can even switch to offline mode and it will only list
downloaded music. It will also manage you existing on device music for you.

Suggested posts