Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly stops playing

Solved!

Spotify randomly stops playing

Anyone recognize this; When listening to music (playlist, radio of after a search) Spotify stops playing. Sometimes it plays for 10 song, sometimes 4, it's just random. The progress bar continues but there's no sound. When I try to fast forward by dragging the progress bar it simply jumps back to 0 seconds and starts counting again. When I perform a search this also isn't working. Also syncing doesn't work. Clearly, the latest Android app loses connection. All other apps that use internet don't stop working during the Spotify failure, I have a 60 Mbps connection so this can't be the problem. I get Spotify to work again by force-closing the app using the task manager on my Samsung Galaxy tab 8.9 (ICS 4.0.4) and restarting the app. I mailed Spotify and hopefully they will do something about it. I am a € 10 paying customer so I expect them to do so. When reading through all the topics there are many more people having connection problems.
84 Replies

Ever since the latest update my music will cut out after 20 seconds then I'll go back into the app to press play and the app will stop. I've tried redownloading app and logging in and out. I don't know what to do. I have a Samsung s7 edge and I have premium 

Same exact problem for me for the past two days.

Check that spotify is still included in the unmonitored apps in android settings>device maintenance>battery.

Thanks. It is in the unmonitored apps but still closing the app a few seconds after I start playing a song.

Finaly i found a solution that works for me.  I don’t know if it will work everybody but for me this was an issue of permissions some apps had to my spotify account I forgot about long time ago.

Problems are gone after revoking permisions to all apps and re-authorizing only sonos + restarting my password. Here is the article that helped me: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Connect-Exploit-Spotiamb-0-2-1-hijacks-user...

Suggested posts