Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly stops working when connected mobile data

Spotify randomly stops working when connected mobile data

Recently I have run into an issue with my Spotify app where it will suddenly stop playing music and tell me that I'm not connected to the internet. I'm using a Verizon Ellipses 7 tablet. I use the 4G mobile data when I am either at work to use Spotify as a radio or while on long drives since I've no access to Wi-Fi. I've been doing this for the past year with no problems, until a week ago when it started happening. Spotify works perfectly fine when connected to my Wi-Fi at home. It is also the only app that has any problems when I am connected to mobile data; anything else that would require some kind of network connection works perfectly fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify but the problem persists.

I've no idea why this suddenly started happening as I have changed absolutely nothing or done anything different than what I've been doing for the past year. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies

I've just found out that Spotify will work perfectly fine as long as do not "close" my tablet and keep Spotify open on the screen. However, if I close the tablet, or leave the Spotify app (while letting it run in the background) it will still randomly disconnect or stop playing music. While I've found some kind of temporary solution, it is not ideal because it takes up a lot of battery.

So of anyone has any suggestions or knows how to fix the problem mentioned in my original post, please let me know. The help would be greatly appreciated.

Something else I've found out: Using Spotify while connected to mobile data off of my mobile phone works perfectly fine. No issues at all. So is there a problem with my device that I am unaware of? I have not changed any settings or anything at all. Is it possible that something changed automatically? 

This is a huge issue .. why isn't it being delt with?

Hi, did you manage to find a fix for your issue, I am having exactly the same at the moment ?

Yes, but only by purchasing subscription. Seeing as how I'm struggling
financially it isn't an ideal fix but if it's the only way to resolve the
issue then I guess I don't have a choice. Either that or stop using Spotify
entirely.

I have a subscription already and it was happening, I have deleted the app and will try again

Sent from my hudl

I have a premium account and it also happens to me on my android device.

Anyone can help us?

Nope .. switched to google play

Suggested posts