Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify re-downloading entire songlist and deleted my prior downloaded playlists

Spotify re-downloading entire songlist and deleted my prior downloaded playlists

Hi all,

I have around 2500 songs in various playlists and around 600 are stored locally on my phone. In a perfect world I would store all the songs on my phone, but I sadly don't have enough space. 

Cue today, glancing at my phone, I see spotify downloading all 2500 songs. Upon checking why it's doing this I notice that all the prior saved playlists are "unsaved" and my phone storage 99% full. 

It's currently sitting at 0 out of 999 downloaded, but most of the songs in my folders are missing the green tick. Yet spotify takes up around 24 GB of my phone memory. 

Is there anything I can do to restore all the old saved songs, or is there a way to revert? 

I don't have the bandwith to redownload 24GB everytime. Is there some kind of fix?

Thanks for your Help.

-B

1 Reply

Hi @ayesailoor,

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Let me know if you need further help!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts