Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify re-downloading saved songs!

Spotify re-downloading saved songs!

Deleted the cache and saved date a few days ago to get spotify saved on to my sd card. Been working fine until today. I went on to spotify and found myself logged out. When I logged in again it started redownloading all the songs I had already downloaded and saved into my SD card. Checked my sd card and the previous downloaded files are still there. Anyone know why this has happened?
6 Replies

*data

I sometimes find i get logged out randomly. No idea why, but as long as it hadn't been that long my offline tracks are still there.

Maybe check your sd card for errors in a pc as well

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

All of my offline songs were no longer available when I logged in again. Can Spotify randomly change its directory?

Were these songs ones that you'd synced from a pc or are they offline Playlists from the Spotify app?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Sounds like I had same issue as Walkers199502 - in my case I'm only active on Spotify on my Android phone.
So, to answer Daniel: I'm not using PC and I've saved 1053 songs offline on my phone's SD card. Currently re-logged on and the bloody app is back to saving on internal memory!!! FFS!

Hi Walkers199502, this is also happening with me :(((((
I saw the dates in my sd card in the paste of "com.spotify.music", I tried to delete, but I can't, I also tried deleting direct from my computer, format it, but it says its locked up, the app blocked my sd card and I can't delete, I'm so mad with this app.
I can re-download everything, but reseting the sd card after closing the app every minute that the download stops and opening again to continue. I don't know what to do next.
It's not the problem of numbers of downloads, I saw that.
Someone, help :(((((

Suggested posts