Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify repeatedly deletes downloaded songs on 2 kindle fires

Spotify repeatedly deletes downloaded songs on 2 kindle fires

I am at my wits end with Spotify and their Download Music option. I hope someone can help me fix this problem.  I have 2 kindle fires that both delete my downloaded songs, every time I re-download, and spotify changes the Storage option from SD Card to Device Internal storage.  I have gone through tech support and followed all of their instructions but the deleting persists.  I gave up on Tech Support because each time you reply to a TS Rep, a different Rep responds and hasn't even read your previous reply.  It's like dealing with a brick wall.

I thought I had found the FIX when I found this Post with a SOLUTION, but it didn't fix the problem for me

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Saved-songs-randomly-deleting-from-iPhone-6/m-p/148...

Here is what I have tried on both Kindle Fires, one at a time

deleted all of my offline devices from my online account

deleted the spotify cache & data  in both the Spotify settings and kindle app manager

uninstalled and re-installed the latest Spotify version

Then on only 1 of my 2 Kindle Fires 

Set spotify to save downloaded music to SD card.

Re-download my 850+ saved songs.

I log off and when I login within a couple hours all 850 downloaded songs are deleted

and the Storage has changed from SD Card to Device internal storage.

I then deleted the 1 offline device in my offline devices in my online account 

On the 2nd Kindle Fire I follow the same steps above

when I login again, all 850 songs are again deleted and storage changed from SD card to Internal storage.

Because this is happening on 2 kindle fires, I believe that this is a Spotify Bug that has gone Un-fixed or is intentional.

Searching through the community forum I see that this problem has been happening to many users since 2012.  You'd expect that in 4 years the problem would be fixed, but NO!  

I am reviewing the other streaming music service that allow downloading music, trouble free, and I will cancel my premium Spotify Account and switch, if the problem can't be solved soon. 

1 Reply

same problem on my fire 7 : when I turn off then on the device, storage options are changed from SD to internal and all the offline music disappear... any fix ?

Suggested posts