Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify reports me offline

Spotify reports me offline

Spotify says I'm offline: search (except offline songs), browse etc. aren't working.

This is happening since yesterday (7th of March).

I have a working internet connection and the Sonos client is working fine with Spotify.

Restarting the app and restarting my oneplus 3t haven't helped.

I'm using Android 7.0 (security patch December 2016)

11 Replies

I have the same problem. Everything seem to work, except when trying to enter an artist's page it says that I'm offline. And the Home tab says that something went wrong. 

Spotify hasn't been working for 4 days now :/, I'm a premium user, I'll turn to chat support on Monday, if the issue persists.

Spotify on windows and Sonos work fine, while mobile doesn't.

I'll avoid reinstalling Spotify since I have 20gb of downloaded songs for offline listening. (though downloading won't take more than a night, I doubt reinstalling will fix this issue)

oh man, i have the same problem and i'm so sick of it because i can't find a way to solve it! 

It's good to know that more people are affected, that means it's likely to be a service-side/client-side issue that only Spotify can fix.

maybe it's related to the last update, though I'm certain everything worked still fine after the 1st of March, but maybe the install of the update was delayed for me. since when are you two experiencing this issue?

I just contacted the German Spotify (chat) support on Twitter, I'm certain this will be solved somehow by them.

I'll patiently wait for their reply now ๐Ÿ™‚

I have the exact same problem, I can even download songs from artists that are on my library, but the home page, radio page and search page are not working, says that there's no connection, home page says that something went wrong, I'm certain that's a problem on bugify new version.

I tried reinstalling it, but it didn't help, so don't bother with that.

short status update:

I gave them all the infos I have, answered all questions.

Their devs are looking into it atm.

Do you have AdAway running? Deactivate it. Helped for me, as parts of Spotify are blocked. 

nope my hosts file empty except two entries (local host ipv4 and ipv6)

Rokkford,
I had adblocker running and when I removed it, spotify started working properly again. Thanks for the tip. Strange thing is that I had both, spotify and adblocker for months and spotify was working fine until a week or so ago.

You're welcome (:

Which adblocker had you running?

Suggested posts