Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify restarts when I want to share a song?

Spotify restarts when I want to share a song?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

Every time I want to share a song, the app starts each time I press the Share button from the song menu.

(8/27/18 Update)

I have tried the method of uninstalling my Messenger app and it did work. Messenger Lite does not affect the Share button, but the full Messenger app causes the issue and I reinstalled Messenger to make sure.

I see this as an issue with both apps and I need Messenger for important contacts. I hope this can be resolved soon.

38 Replies

The same thing is happening to me. My phone's a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Updated to the latest version of Spotify. Tried sharing on both wifi and mobile data, also tried clearing cache and restarting phone. Still not working.

@JasonPurinton wrote:

Tried all of your suggestions. No good.  All the other apps on my Galaxy S7 8.0 have no issue with sharing. Only Spotify 8.4.67.886. Crashes on wifi and mobile data.

Same here!

One Plus 6

Same issue here 😞 Asus Zenfone 3

Sabe here.

Samsung S8 up to date.

-- Lucas

Same problem. Try everything. Oneplus 5t. Android 8.1.0

Spotify 8.4.67.886 armV7

Same issue here, Android on OnePlus 5.

Same here, on Samsung Galaxy S9

Spotify crashes when I try to share a song

Hey everyone,

There is a thread here that explains the issue, and where others are also facing the same problem. 

You will find status updates which will tell you the path on getting this issue fixed. I’d recommend keeping up with that thread to see the next update on this. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, followed - I uninstalled Messenger and replaced with Messenger Lite, which works. 

I'm relatively new to Android after years of using iPhones, and have had several issues with this O/S already, all seemingly related to Facebook. 

Yep, got it to work after deleting Messenger and switching to Lite. Funny how that worked just like that. Thanks to everyone for the assistance!!

HTC One U11 unlocked

Android 8

Spotify 8.4.67.886

Doesn't crash but flashes like it's going to bring up Share panel then goes back to Home screen. Sometimes restarts the song.

No problems sharing as recently as this past weekend.

Clearly a bug which others are seeing. Please fix it.

I uninstalled Messenger and it works now. Thanks 😄

My app is also having the same issue and I already did everything someone has recommended. I restarted my phone and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but every time I want to share a song it goes back to the main home page. Please help!

I had the same problem!

Uninstalled messenger & the problem dissapeared!

Re-Installed Messenger Lite & it still works.

It happened the same to me lol

Confirm that uninstalling Messenger 180.0.0.24.76 and reverting to stock allows Share panel to come up.

Reinstall Messenger 180.0.0.24.76 and problem reproduces.

Y'all should talk to Facebook.

I have the same configuration (S7 Edge + Android 😎 and the same issue (sharing options crash spotify app) tried everything no fix.

Same here. Uninstalling messenger fixed the problem  Thanks

@fcampanile wrote:

Same here. Uninstalling messenger fixed the problem  Thanks

Suggested posts