Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify retained previous playlist

Spotify retained previous playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Mi 10T Pro

Operating System

Miui 12.0.11 Android 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify player retained the previous playlist/song opened eventhough I've started different playlist/song. The song played the new song I selected but the name of previous song appear on current playing song e.g. Song currently playing "I write the song" but previous song name retained "Uptown girl". Spotify only reset if I restart the phone. I've tried to kill the task via app manager but to no avail. Thanks

9 Replies

Hey @amaluddin1985

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue? Just attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also share a link to the video, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. I did clean reinstall, even to the point of factory resetting my phone but none works. Here's the link to the recorded screen I made
    https://youtu.be/IH2ih6B-TH4

Thanks for the reply

Hey @amaluddin1985,

Thanks for getting back to us with the video.

Could you let us know if this happens on other devices and our web player as well? How about when you use Connect - does the correct song get displayed then?

It would also help the troubleshooting process if you could borrow a friend or family members account and let us know if you experience the same behavior with it. That way we can narrow down the root cause of the problem to either the device or account.

We'd love to investigate this further. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It only happens on Mi10T Pro even on different account (my brother's) I've 2 devices, the other one is Samsung Note 9, luckily it works fine on that & Webplayer too. I assume the problem lies in compatibility of the device (Mi10T Pro). Thanks

Hey @amaluddin1985,

Thanks for getting back to us.

What you share indeed indicates that the issue lies with that specific device. We recommend that you disable any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. In addition, it's a good idea to make sure Spotify has all permissions enabled.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

I've disable all the power settings (miui 12, battery optimization etc) but the problem still there. And the Spotify keep pausing the player (after few minutes playing, sometimes after 20-30 minutrs) when Bluetooth peripheral is connected.

Hey @amaluddin1985,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you clarify if the Now Playing view is not updating and pausing only when you're connected via Bluetooth or even when you're playing music straight from the phone itself?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Both, to be exact

Hey there @amaluddin1985,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you do the following:

• Soft reset of the device
  • Ensure the operating system is up-to-date
  • Let us know which version of the app you have

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts