Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify's outstanding issues, PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!

Spotify's outstanding issues, PLEASE FIX IT!!!!!

I've been on Spotify Android for over a year now, and I'm simply amazed at Spotify's lack of dedication to a quality music listening experience.  These issues are STILL outstanding, and absolutely [Swearing] ANNOYING.  Can you seriously tell me that Spotify doesn't have the intellectual capacity to fix these obvious issues?  [Swearing] FIX IT FOR GOD's SAKE!!!!  I, and others, have stated these issues OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again, in this forum, and they are simply IGNORED.

1. When playing locally stored files on my Galaxy SIII to sound system through the audio jack, there is an unbearable static/feedback between songs that kills your ears.

2. After a period of time of not being used, Spotify will not play a song or playlist where I last left off.  Particularly ANNOYING when I use Widgets on my phone, where I prefer to just hit my PLAY button to start music.  I can do it with Google Play.  Spotify?  Nope.  I need to go back into the application home screen, and re-start my playlist, which by the way, does not list my songs in any particular order.

3. Cross-fade function does not work with locally stored files on Mobile.  Thought this would remedy #1...NOPE.  Spotify can't do it

4. Not really an outstanding issues, more of a compliant.  Though I appreciate Spotify's commitment to the social experience, the technology itself is feeble and inferior.  In terms of the functionality and robustness of the music player itself (both on the PC/tablet, and ESPECIALLY the mobile phone), on a scale of 1-10, I rate the Spotify Music player a ZERO.  It’s horrible.  Sorting and categorization is all but nonexistent.  Again, the interface is feeble and inferior.

14 Replies

Hey 🙂 

I know these issues are all a massive, pain, I sympathise with you there. There have been several android updates recently so hopefully these issues will be fixed soon! 

Just to let you know I have edited out the swearing from your post in line with the community guidelines. It is alright to be angry, but lets keep it clean and polite as possible for the benefit of younger community members. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Add to the list of complaints.

1. In order to place music on the Android player, I can't even simply click on a playlist.  I need to go into the play list, and click on a random song. 

I'm beginning to think that Spotify developers either are not users of online music services, or do not even use their own product.

...or, Spotify doesn't employ people release supported process like most software companies, such as a QA department. 

They only thing the Spotify team care less for than the android client is the android forum. 🙂

I'm jumping ship as soon as I manage to activate Googles new streaming service outside of the us. Been a loyal supporter a long time, but the new app still sucks in many was more than a year after release. Looks isn't everything.

Don't be too quick to assume Google's app will be better.  I've been using Android apps for about 3 years. The latest Google Music app was probably the worst app experience I've ever had, and I don't say that lightly. It was atrocious. I too thought I was going to leave Spotify simply because I use so many other Google products, but imo they totally dropped the ball with their latest version. Many others have had the same problems (hanging, crashing, app starting up at random times, etc.).

So I'm staying with Spotify's app, which has been working flawlessly for me since I started using it a few months ago.

brodrost - The devs are very aware of what goes on in the forums, don't worry. I can assure you, they're working their socks off at the minute.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm not assuming anything.  I just downloaded Google's latest Music app, and it BLOWS Spotify's app out of the water.  All of the issues that I stated earlier in this post, Google Music doesn't have these issues.  In addition, Google's app looks good in landscape mode, something Spotify doesn't do.

If you can seriously tell me that Spotify's interface is better than Google's, you're stupid or simply biased.  Spotify's app is feeble.  Either that, or you haven't even seen Google's new Music app.  I just updated today, and it kicks azzzz.

Sorry Spotify, I gave you a chance.  You've had over a year to improve your interface.  You've failed. 

Love,

Non-biased user who always gives benefit of the doubt to the better developer. 

Looks aren't everything, but DANG have you seen the new Google Music App?  Simply awesome.  Google has outdone itself, and they appear to be investing time and materials into software development...unlike Spotify.

Yes I saw Google's music app, and despite me being a huge Google fan and a daily user of several of their products, imo their Android app sucks.  It responds VERY slowly for me and hangs and crashes, and there are many others with the same problems. The app even starts up on its own and crashes without people even knowing it was running.  If you think not deleting radio stations in Spotify was bad, people are complaining about not even being able to delete songs in Google's music app. lol

If it works out for you, great.  You should go with whatever service makes you happiest.  For me that's Spotify.

I think Spotify is too slow to release features in the Android app and puts too much emphasis on the desktop client. Gona keep a closer to competitors to see if I can find any company more dedicated to mobile music streaming services. It's ridiculous things like saving to SD-card are still outstanding issues to manage. 

Are the devs being shot down by people higher up? Beacuse if its taken this long for basic features like landscape mode, somethings got to be wrong somewhere. It shouldnt be the people making decisions, beacuse the iOS platform seems to have all the features android use to have.

So are the devs incompetent, or the people making android decisions? Landscape mode works pretty darn fine when forcing it with third party apps, so it doesnt look like a technical limitation. We finally got "save to sd", kinda. Also a very basic function that took over a year to implement.

Its sad, beacuse Spotify was one of the reasons I got a smartphone years ago, and Im from Sweden so Ive always been rooting for it.

Using Google Play All Access.. You can add complete albums to an existing playlist, and it remembers your song qeue after a reboot. 😮 I can finally start exploring new music and adding it to my "at work" playlist any time I want, not just when Im at my computer.

Confronta - The SD card issue was sorted. Just check out Richard's post here.

Brodrost -  We're always trying to improve the app, so thank you for your feedback. Keep your eye out for any updates.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

>Using Google Play All Access

lol this is actually tagged as the solution.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.2 and I still get the deafening static even though the app change log claims to have fixed it last month.

I might also switch to Google for the better Android experience but I like the Spotify desktop app because I can use the media keys on my keyboard to control the player and I don't think that works with Google Play Music since it's through Chrome.

Suggested posts