Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says I'm offline, even while connected to WiFi/Mobile Network

Solved!

Spotify says I'm offline, even while connected to WiFi/Mobile Network

So there's a weird bug with Spotify that I'm running into; even though I have internet access, Spotify seems to sometimes be unable to connect, as prevalent to being unable to use the search function for anything other than 'Offline Songs,' however, I'm still able to play songs on my list that I have saved, but not downloaded. Offline mode is also disabled, so I know that's not the issue, and the only way I can solve this problem is going to the application manager and force stopping it, or restarting my phone altogether.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Latest Android OS on device. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay.

We're currently investigating this offline isssue on this thread. As soon as there's an update, we'll post it there.

Make sure you click the +Vote button and comment with any relevant information that could help.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Jikosei.

Could you send us the exact Android and Spotify version numbers? Also, have you tried to use a different WiFi connection?

In the meantime, try logging out of your Spotify account and logging back in to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

Mine does exactly the same thing. I have tried multiple WiFi and 4G connections. I have cleared cache and reinstalled the app, rebooted. Each time there is a chance that it will work correctly long enough for me to think that I have solved it only for it to pop back up.

One thing I just did try was to enable storing to my SD card (previously it was just on internal storage), and since this change it appears to be working, but as I've said I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8  (SM-N950U)

Android version 8.0.0

Spotify version 8.4.64.555 armV7

Heyo @Alfredo, the Spotify version I'm running is 8.4.64.555 armV7, and my Android version is 8.0.0
I've tried both disconnecting from WiFi, and using the Mobile network data, but it still searched for offline songs only.

Also, just want to note, I've updated Spotify a few times before the version I listed, but it still happened to give me that same problem. I'm going to try to log out and log back in, but that bug is iffy, so it might or might not fix it, I won't be able to tell right away.

I have the same problem...have to uninstall and install spotify every day now. It's very annoying. 

Go into your application manager (If you're using an Android, I have no idea how to do so on Apple devices), and just Force Close it; you don't need to reinstall it every time.

Thank you for the advice! I'll try that the next time! I also have Samsung galaxy S8.

I have exactly the same issue with my galaxy s6.

I have tried reinstalling spotify and I can search once for things and then it just says offline again. Whether on cell or wifi its the same. My sonos works fine this is driving me nuts it's just on my phone. Logging out and back in doesn't help and I have removed facebook in case it's a conflict with that.

Did a log out from all devices in my account and then reset my password and it seems to be working again for the moment. Difficult to know what particular thing that I tried the helped.

My actions above only temporarily solved the issue as does force stop on the app.

Happens for me as well. I feel like it's when transitioning to and from WiFi/cellular. Usually closing the app and reopening establishes a connection with Spotify.

Google Pixel 2 XL

Android 9

Spotify 8.4.66.733, premium subscription

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay.

We're currently investigating this offline isssue on this thread. As soon as there's an update, we'll post it there.

Make sure you click the +Vote button and comment with any relevant information that could help.

All the best.

Suggested posts