Premium

Country

Scotland 

Device

SamsungS9

Operating 

No idea

My Question or Issue

A couple of days ago when I plug my phone onto the car to load Spotify I keep Getting message on car display saying Spotify offline. I can't use car controls to scroll through library or menu but all other Android auto apps (satnav, phone etc) are all behaving as they should. Have rebooted phone. Searched for software updates for both phone and app. Even deleted Spotify and pre-installed. 

Not sure what else to try but it's driving my crazy. I have gone into phone menu/settings/apps/Spotify and force close too. Still doesn't help. 

Tia 

Andy 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

The original issue should now be fixed for everyone.

If you're experiencing something similar to this, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hello, the exact same thing happened to me. One thing to note is that I noticed the offline message started to appear only after the latest Android Auto app update.

Regards,

Ema

I'm having the exact same problem as well. About a week ago I plugged in my phone and it said I was offline. Now it only works if I am connected to 4g. But that partly defeats the purpose of paying the premium to download music. Plus uses all my data.

Now at the moment even that doesn't work as I am on o2 and with the network down I am having to listen to the radio on my way to work.....urgh.

What on earth has happened? Is it spotify or android auto. I have reinstalled both. That didn't work. It is driving me nuts.

Must be a Spotify issue. All other apps on android auto are working fine. 

Hey @Android101.

Thanks for highlighting this.

Just to confirm on our end that this is indeed something that is currently being investigated by our tech team.

Make sure to head on over to this thread, click +VOTE and leave the requested information. We will get back to you with any updates as soon as we have them.

Thanks again!

Any update on this or when there will be an update for the app?

I updated yesterday the Spotify App on Android, but it didn't work furthermore.

Hey @hector373 and @Andym21uk,

Make sure to follow this thread instead, and add a vote + comment the requested details. 

Hope that helps!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

The original issue should now be fixed for everyone.

If you're experiencing something similar to this, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Suggested posts