Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says "no internet connection available", but will play SOME online music

Spotify says "no internet connection available", but will play SOME online music

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S21 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Got an S21 Ultra a few weeks ago. Ever since, Spotify is almost always saying it is offline, and that there is "no internet connection available". HOWEVER -- it will let me listen to any music or podcasts that are in my library. It will NOT let me select a song from a playlist, album, etc., but will play if I start it with "shuffle play", at which point I can turn off shuffle and skip through the tracks as normal.

Every other app on my phone accesses the internet just fine at all times.

I have updated the app, uninstalled and completely reinstalled multiple times. I have turned "offline mode" on and off several times. I have cleared the cache. Nothing makes a scrap of difference -- approximately 80% of the time, it starts up like this and nothing seems to make a difference. The other 20% of the time, it starts up JUST FINE, but eventually the stated problem always crops up, whether I'm sitting still at my desk connected to the wifi, driving around with a strong 5G connection, anything in between.

Attached is a screenshot. 

Screenshot_20220104-162925_Spotify.jpg
67 Replies

What didn't work, clearing cache & data, or? 

If you're on the Premium plan with Spotify, you should always be able to play your downloaded music, regardless of whether or not you have an internet connection. 

But I do find it very annoying that Spotify Support almost always suggests clearing cache & data as a solution. 

Spotify should be (hopefully are) fixing bugs with every weekly update. 

The first time that I EVER had a bug with Spotify was a couple months ago, and that's after more than 6 years. 

Since that first bug (which was absolutely caused by a Spotify update), I've had to clear cache & data, uninstall & Reinstall 2 more times... AND again, I never had to do this for 6 years! 

It is not a solution. The problem remains.

What device & Android version? 

False !!

Damn got an s21 ultra 🤣

Still facing issue on S21. No internet connection over wifi . so damn tired

Hi @Damnation123!

Could you confirm that you tried what @Arfath recommended in their post here and set the Private DNS to Off? You can do that in your phone's settings > Connections > More Connection settings.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Yordan, yes I did. Doesnt work.

Hey there,

Thanks for all the replies.

This sounds like an issue related to some specific device setting. We advise you to contact the manufacturer to get a better understanding of what would the reason for it be.

In the meantime you can also have a look at this page for steps to make sure, that Spotify has all the permissions needed to run on your device unperturbed.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Dont believe it is. My wife has same issue on Google Pixel 

Hey @Damnation123,

Thanks for the reply.

Does the other phone experience this issue both  on WiFi and mobile data? This could be connected to the network settings on the WiFi and your phone.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the phone?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I am using Samsung galaxy s22 and also facing same issue on this phone.

On previous phone spotify was working fine 

deI have mI'm not sure if this is your issue - But I have noticed that occasionally if I am leaving the area where I am connected to my WiFi & my device is switching from WiFi to Cell Data - I have seen the "no Internet" message in Spotify - But for Spotify Premium it should not make any difference for music playback as it's Downloaded music anyway. 

Did you mean to post a link to Don't Kill My App, or should it be a Spotify page?

this just made me cancel my spotify

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

Is this inconvenience present on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a familiar or a friend to open your account and check.

On another tune, did you already try a clean reinstallation of the app? If not yet, you can find the steps to do it here.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Carlos, I have also checked this on Google Pixel 6 and its the same issue.

Hey Dian, thanks for the reply. Factory reset is just not possible. I have tried it on other device and its the same issue

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

Have you tried different Wi-Fi networks? When other devices do this on the same network it should be related to the network.

It's also worth checking if your phone isn't limiting the network connection abilities of your phone through some settings.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Thanks Figured out the issue. I had to change my router settings. Enabling UpnP made it work.

Suggested posts