Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skipping every other track in playlist

Solved!

Spotify skipping every other track in playlist

Since about a month ago, Spotify skips every other track in the current playlist (ie, plays 1, 3, 5 etc..). Doesn't matter what playlist. I have tried reinstalling and sometimes this fixes the problem temporarily, but it ALWAYS returns.

Is this a known issue? Can someone help me? I am very close to uninstalling and cancelling subscription for good.

Spotify version: 0.5.12.52

Handset: Samsung Galaxy S2

Android version: 2.3.5

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news!

Since the last update (version 0.6.0.17) the problems I wrote about are not there any more. A new version was rolled out some hours ago (0.6.0.20) and it too seem to work properly. Not only bugs have been fixed, but new features were added too, filters to mention one! Spotify is going in the right direction again.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Bump.

I also have this issue.

But more important, Spotify refuses to go to the next song when the one I'm listening to has come to an end. I often have to press << Previous and then Next >> to make Spotify start playing again. This happens after each/every other song. Sometimes it can be a better mood and play 3+ songs in a row, but I'm going crazy when I have to pick up my phone and press << and >> to continue listening.

And, as you describe, sometimes (maybe even more often, without me realizing) Spotify itself makes a double >> and thus skips one song in the queue.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Acro S with Android 4.0.4 and Spotify version 0.5.13.63.

I have the exact same problem.

Tried deleting data and clearing cache before uninstall/reinstalling the app.

Still not working.

I took notice of how the tracks played (or not played) last time I listened to Spotify on my mobile phone. The first songs played without problem, and queued songs worked well too. But then I had to press previous and then next to continue listening. And it does really play every second song. Very weird.

If crossfade is activated, Spotify worked somewhat better. I did not have to press previous and next as often and it did not skip tracks (as far as I remember). But all depends on what 'mood' Spotify is in. If it is in a bad mood, there's no mercy.

I have had the same issue and have yet to see a fix. This is ridiculous.

New report of how the Spotify app for Android works:

What I said about crossfading did not help me while listening today. It stopped after each and every song. At least, if you choose to have crossfade (3 seconds or more), you clearly hear if it will stop, without you needing to wait and see if the next song in the queue will start, if it does start slowly (fading in). I believe that with the crossfade, skipping songs is not an issue, at least it wasn't for me today. But instead it isn't going to play at all (on several occasions). Later on I managed to play two and three songs in a row before having to << and >> to continue.

It seems like a randomizer is choosing if to play the next song or not and if to skip a song or not. Basics must work satisfactory before adding cool new features. This problem should have a high priority. Next update must include a fix for this bug, or "randomizer".

If you would come across a similar post on this matter, please link them to this post and do the same here, link it here. This problem must be resolved! Thank you!

Same problem here on a Samsung Galaxy S Plus - have reinstalled two times now. happening since a month.

Spotify, could you please resolve? I'm also two inches away of cancelling my mobile subscription.. Such a shame, because I'm a huge fan of the services.

Would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Marked as solution

Good news!

Since the last update (version 0.6.0.17) the problems I wrote about are not there any more. A new version was rolled out some hours ago (0.6.0.20) and it too seem to work properly. Not only bugs have been fixed, but new features were added too, filters to mention one! Spotify is going in the right direction again.

Same  here, thanks guys!

I have gotten the newest update. Reinstalled the app twice and I am still having this issue!

I am having this same issue. I have updated the app and redownloaded. Thought it was my wifi. Went to my data, same issue!

And now it just won't play anything

I'm still having this issue!

I've been having this problem for months now. I have an Aether Cone that Spotify is connected to over WIFI, and when I queue songs, it will skip one every few songs, and Spotify will say its playing a completely different song when in fact it's repeating the last song it played.

It's hugely frustrating. Doesn't do it when I'm playing natively, only when connected to this one device.

Seems like these threads are never read or actioned though.

Chris.

Suggested posts