Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips continuously after 10 seconds of play when casting to Google Home

Spotify skips continuously after 10 seconds of play when casting to Google Home

I have seen similar posts but after days of "Check this other thread for the solution"  and failing to get this resolved, I'm going to start another thread.

Plan

Free (formerly premium)

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 4

My Question or Issue

I have run the entire troubleshooting gauntlet.  The Spotify app works just fine when I listen directly on my phone.  It works just fine when I use the Spotify app to cast to my PS4.  It also works fine when I use the Google Home app to mirror my phone's audio to my (various) Google Home speakers.

However, when I use the Spotify app to connect to ANY of my Google Home speakers, playback stops after about ten seconds, and proceeds to skip an arbitrary number of times, tries to play again, but fails after ten seconds to repeat the process.  The only exception is the ads.  They play just fine.

Corrective actions that I have taken:  

I have unlinked/relinked my spotify account in the Home app

I have rebooted all my devices

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Spotify app

I have factory reset all my devices.

This has been an ongoing issue for some time, and was a contributing factor to me stepping down to the free service.  I'm at my wit's end, and would really like this resolved... or at least get some useful advice for a change.

7 Replies

I am on premium with an iPhone and can’t listen

Same Issue as above.
Duplicated all corrective actions.

Plan: Premium
Device: Samsung S8
Spotify Version: 8.5.71.723 (latest)

Please assist ASAP as this has been ongoing for a while now.

Any response would be appreciated.
Paying for a Premium Service, but not getting Premium Support.

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you sort this out as soon as possible!

@Duffman70 and @NoraV Could you confirm for us that you've tried the steps listed in the first post?

We can also recommend that you check your phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your response. I can confirm all the above steps have been
attempted without any resolution.

Just to clarify, when casting to any single device it works fine, but when
you cast to 'Rooms and Groups' of multiple devices the App skips the first
few tracks and stops after 10 seconds.

App Version: 8.5.76.962
Phone: Samsung S8

Yes, factory reset was done as well as basic troubleshooting and the steps on my iPhone.
We have other Google speakers, 2nd gen and hub (with the screen) that work fine. I have had to create 2 speaker groups so I can listen to Spotify on the 2 that work. I’ve pretty much given up listening to Spotify now because if this issue.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the info and sharing your troubleshooting with the community!

We have passed this on to the right team and they're looking into it. However, so far we haven't been able to replicate it on our end. As it is reported, that single devices do not experience this, our assumption is that this is caused by the multiple speakers involved in a group having trouble syncing up their playback which in turn causes the music to skip. This however, is outside of our control and we'd suggest to try and optimize the network environment and the connection the speakers use.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts