Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips one second when i start listening to music?

Spotify skips one second when i start listening to music?

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

S8 Plus, then S10 Plus

Operating System

Android Nougat, then Pie

My Question or Issue

When I launch my music on Spotify, it always skips the first second (or so) of the song, and I find it really annoying... has anyone experienced this? (it's been happening for weeks or even months)

13 Replies

Hey @enfantechec! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried reinstalling your phone app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

What else have you tried in order to fix this problem?

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Same thing is happenings for me on android. It's been going in for a couple of weeks I think. Sounds like the app fast forwards through the first second and only happens when I pick a new song. Could it be something with the buffering?

Hi there @PinkPie,

Thanks for asking about this! 

We can give more info what could be causing this issue after we do a bit of troubleshooting 🙂 

Does this happen on other devices as well? Could you try on another lone and tell us if the same happens? Also, what are both devices, their OS and Spotify versions. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @Petya

Great!

I'm running v. 5.33.831 on a Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) Android 9. However, there's no time skipping at the moment so either the problem is not present at all times or maybe the app updated itself tonight night. I'll come back to you with more details if the issue comes back.

I haven't noticed the problem on desktop, running macOS 10.13.3 and Spotify 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa

This keeps happening on my phone. Currently on 8.5.44.941. Ruins the opening of the song when you have to restart every song you pick

Did you solved it ,I have the the same issue too.It's happens to my S8 plus.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread. We just came across it.

Can you perform a clean reinstall? This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I had try it ,seems like it didn't work.Do you have other solution?

Hey again @pkaramoss,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try with another internet connection and see if the issue persist?

Also - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if it behaves the same?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator

It works fine when I use another account but when I use my own it behaves the same.

Hey again @pkaramoss,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Since it works fins on the device with another account it seems to be account related.

In this case we suggest that you create a new account. You can read more about how you can start over with a new account here. You can also read more about how you transfer your music from an old account to the new one here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I have this exact problem too when playing through Bluetooth. Spotify skips the first second of every track, as if it starts playing it before it has the necessary information to do so. I’ve tried logging out and back in, reinstalling the app, doing a clean reinstall… To no avail. It’s infuriating. 

Hey there @jamesviola79

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Great troubleshooting so far, we can add a few more steps to make sure we've covered all bases.

Just to confirm, is this only happening when you're listening through Bluetooth or when you're streaming directly on your devices as well?

On another note, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the Spotify app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Lastly, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts