Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips songs frequently without my input

Spotify skips songs frequently without my input

Recently spotify has been acting up a bunch on my phone and I am considering not renewing my subscription as a result. When I select a song to play spotify immediately chooses the next song under it. Sometimes it doesn't even play that one and will skip 2 to 3 songs ahead. Often it will play the first second or two of music and then change tracks. Reselecting the track only worsens the issue, occasionally resulting in a different song playing than what is being shown. The songs also tend to sound scrambled and skip quickly at first whenever a track is initially selected. This happens every single time I select a song, and it's the most maddeningly frustrating experience. I am using a Samsung Avant with android 4.4.2, and Spotify version 3.6.0.789. I have tried deleting the saved data and cache and doing a clean reinstall and things got worse so now songs just stop playing when I'm not in the app. I have the quality set to extreme, its set to always sync, and the problem happens both on and off of a wi-fi network. It even does this with completely downloaded playlists. What the hell is going on?

1 Reply

I would suggest trying to get hold of a previous version of the app and installing to see if the behaviour still exists

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts