Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skips to next song in the middle of a song

Spotify skips to next song in the middle of a song

Hi,
is anyone having an issue where a song is playing and Spotify skips to another song in the middle of playing the song you were listening to? Thanks!
13 Replies

I am playing Spotify using my Samsung S4.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Also if you're on Lollipop can you check the thread stuck at the top of this forum regarding disabling nuplayer

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

That happened to me too yesterday. Ill look into links provided

I posted about this a while back and I'm still having this issue. I'm on Galaxy S4. It was suggested that I reformat my SD. I replaced the external SD card, logged out of the app, restarted the phone and reinstalled. Is there anything else I can try short of reformatting the internal card? That seems to be the only thing left and it's not convenient for me to do that right now.

I am having the same issue. I have the Samsung Avant. I did a factory reset on my phone and it is still happening.

Same here... Samsung Avant. Even a factory reset didn't fix the issue.

I just wanted to follow up on this in case this is of any use to the developers.

I was never able to solve the pausing/skipping problem with the android app and I let my premium account expire and have been using the ad-supported service for the last 4 weeks. There is no problem listening to my playlists on shuffle and I haven't noticed any pausing or skipping since I went back to the ad-supported version. 

I believe that there is a bug in the android app related to the premium service or song skipping. I'm on the same phone and to my knowledge nothing else has changed. I used the ad-supported service on this phone with no trouble for quite some time before subcribing to the premium service.

I turned off the crossfade feature and haven't had the problem since
turning it off.

how do you turn off crossfade?

Also having this issue.  

Just tried the oh so popular 'delete all your data and the app and resinstall and re-sync everything', "solution" and still having the issue...the song plays for about 45 seconds and then skips to the next song in the album and sometimes will play the next song for about 10 seconds only to skip again.

It should be noted that I was playing full albums (without skipping issues) earlier today and now nothing will play past the 30+ seconds.  

Make sure you have cross fade turned off in the advanced settings.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I need a little more help. Could not find advanced setting on my phone or the spotify web site. How do I turn off the crosss fade.

Go to Spotify>Settings> Crossfade

Suggested posts