Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify spinning green wheel (slow responding) on Samsung S7 Edge (Android v7)

Solved!

Spotify spinning green wheel (slow responding) on Samsung S7 Edge (Android v7)

Is anyone experiencing this same issue?

Running Spotify on my Samsung S7 edge (running nougat) is the majority of the time a painful experience.  Whenever I try to browse, search or go to playlists or albums I get the green spinning wheel which can take minutes to take me to the next screen.  This occurs whether I'm on my home wi-fi, or data connection or someone else's wi-fi.

I close spotify, reboot the phone and also tried reinstalling the app to no avail.  I carried out a factory reset of the phone not too long ago (for a different issue) and the problem remains which leads me to the conclusion there is an issue with the app and my phone or version of android which is working ineffeciently.

This has only started happening in the last 6 months but is very annoying.  Getting to the point of cancelling subscription and signing up to Google Play music or Apple Music.

Anyone else experienced similar and managed to resolve?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi - managed to sort this....

For anyone experiencing same problem, go to settings and "delete cache and saved data" and and delete.

You will need to login back in again but this will solve the frustrating problem of the spinning green wheel.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi - managed to sort this....

For anyone experiencing same problem, go to settings and "delete cache and saved data" and and delete.

You will need to login back in again but this will solve the frustrating problem of the spinning green wheel.

Suggested posts