Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts by itself after reveing a call...

Spotify starts by itself after reveing a call...

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung S7 edge 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Spotify starts up by itself when I get a call. Very annoying and embarrassing if I'm in a meeting etc. and reject the call, then Spotify just starts playing music.

5 Replies

Hey @Davidjmac78, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi thanks for the reply. I've tried what you suggested. But it keeps happening, I've rebooted my Samsung s7 edge, I've cleared all cache, deleted history, reinstalled the app, turned notifications off too but nothing works. If it keeps happening I'll have to move over to Amazon music. It's frustrating!

So, its not just after a call,  it also happens if i use google voice search. 

I've done some research and it's not a new problem.... Some older posts I found dated back to 2014 with exact same issue! 

@Davidjmac78,

Thanks for the info!

I’m sorry to hear this.

Do you have any battery-saving/low power modes enabled on your device? If so, does disabling these modes help?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No nothing like that, I've deleted it now and started using Amazon music. Problem solved!

Suggested posts