Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts, pauses, switches, and stops songs on its own

Spotify starts, pauses, switches, and stops songs on its own

Hi,

Since a few days, Spotify starts, pauses, stops, and switches songs on its own. This happens on my phone and as far as I can tell, it only happens when I have my headphones plugged in.

Even when I close the Spotify app, it'll start a song again. Even when I pause a song, it'll start playing again, and when I try to listen to music, Spotify pauses the song, starts it again, moves to another song, pauses the song...

It also starts playing when I'm recording voice messages, in video calls, or on the phone. It's beyond annoying.

I'm using a Samsung S8, Android 9.

I don't have Bixby configured. I never use it.
I also don't have this Polar Flow or something like that app I saw mentioned here on the forum that seems to clash with Spotify.
6 Replies

Hey @AnakhaS,

Thanks for posting in the Community an welcome.

In this case, if you haven't yet, you can start by reinstalling the app again on your device to check if you notice any difference. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

If the above doesn't do the trick, since you mentioned this is happening only when you plugged your headphones to your mobile device, did you notice if the same happens when you connect a different pair of headphones to it? It'd be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as a OS update? If yes, please send us the details. Also, it'd be really helpful if you send us the exact Spotify version you are running on the affected device.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been sick and haven't used Spotify in the meantime. I reinstalled the app and the problem seems to have disappeared for now, but I've only been able to briefly test it. I'll keep an eye on it in the next few days.

Okay so I've tested it a bit more and the problem persists. Still haven't tested with other headphones as I don't have any, but Spotify just does whatever it ones when they're plugged in.  

Hey there @AnakhaS

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you let us know if this has always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, would you mind logging in to your account on a different phone and connecting the headphones to see if the same happens?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I bought new, wireless headphones (my old ones were wired) and the problem seems to be mostly gone. The only thing that still happens is that Spotify will start playing automatically when I connect the earbuds sometimes. 

Kendi kendine müzik çaldı neden 

Suggested posts