Spotify starts playing automatially when on bluetooth

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hello. I have a bluetooth speaker in my bedroom and I've been using Spotify to play music on it ever since I became a member. A month ago something changed. I noticed that, when connected to a bluetooth speaker, Spotify automatically resumes playing whatever is on queue every time I open the app. It's extremely annoying. I couldn't find a setting that'd turn this "feature" off.

Is there a way to fix this? 

4 Replies

Hey @naie, welcome to the community!

Have you tried removing the speakers and pairing them back up with your phone before launching Spotify again?

You can also try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi,

I've got the same problem on a Galaxy S6 with the most recent Spotify version from Google Play Store. This started a couple weeks ago, unfortunately I can't say when exactly. As the Galaxy S6 does not get any updates since months from Samsung, something in Spotify must have changed. This behavior is really annoying and I would be very happy, if the old behavior could be restored or if you could at least implement a setting to switch between auto play and no auto play.

I already tried both things Alfredo mentioned, without success.

Thanks and best

The problem still exists, even with the most recent version from Play Store. Are there any news on this? Thanks in advance

I've had the same problem for a while, even when other audio apps are running it always starts spotify. Tonight it started spotify 10 times in a row and I had to pause it 10 times to stop it. The fix here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Disable-auto-play-on-Android-app/m-p/727061/highlight/true (uninstalling and cancelling my premium account) seems to be the only real fix.

Suggested posts