Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing from another device (from laptop to phone) at random times!!

Spotify starts playing from another device (from laptop to phone) at random times!!

So here's what happens: I'm listening to my Spotify on my laptop. Then at a random time (when I'm not fiddling with Spotify on either my phone or my laptop, then it swaps from my computer to playing on my phone. After it had happend 3 times (during one day), then I reinstalled Spotify on my phone. 

... It still happend. 

Now it has happend 4 times over the last 3 hours. This is getting infuriating!! I'm sitting in an open office and I look like quite the idiot. 

It has happend 7 times now on two days. I can't remember if it was after an update or not. I have a Macbook Pro (the old kind) and a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. It has only occured from laptop to phone. 

And it doesn't matter if the Spotify-app is open on my phone or not. It has been not just closed (and still open in the background) - but closed-closed, as in - no apps running. 

What the **bleep** is going on. 

I'll try experimenting now, by setting my phone's Spotify in Offline-mode and see if it still happens. Any other suggestions to what can be going on? 

I haven't tried reinstalling Spotify on my laptop, since I assume that it's the phone that is the problem. That's the device 'stealing' the music...

15 Replies

Addition: I've also tried turning off 'Device Broadcast Status', to if that will help. 

And 'Show local devices only' have been off at all times. 

It has happend both when I have been on the same wifi - and also when the laptop was on wifi and the phone what on 3G. 

It keeps happening to me too. Running it on Linux Mint, my phone is a 1Plus1. Sitting here with musyic quietly playing, then all of a sudden it starts blaring from my phone.

I'm on a PC with a wired connection, the phone is on the wi-fi here (so another network).

Really annoying!

This has been super frustrating for me, and a few moments ago Spotify has stopped working on my computer completely. Pressing play on my computer now makes music start blaring from my phone.

I'm on OSX and have up to date apps on both my iMac and Android phone. 

I have the same problem here. I unfortunately desactivate the premuim account to see if that help. Music start out loud 3 times in a row last night. If it doesn't stop i wil need to uninstall the app. Please help ... 😞

There is the option of putting it on 'Offline'-mode on the phone. That stops it from 'stealing' the music. But it's not a permanent solution. 

Can someone from Spotify please advice!? It's obviously a bug with their product - and quite a big one, if you ask me. 

yeah after the new version of android it started to happen to me as well, 3-4 times a day and it's really annoying tbh.

the only solution i find is turning all connections of phone to off AND THAT'S NOT A SOLUTION! 

same problem still exists. 

I'm glad that I'm not alone with this problem. I'm frustrated that I can't contact Spotify and that they don't reply on this post. 

why the frag no one replies or attend to this problem it still goes on !!!!

ok, have you tried a private session?

yes in fact i'm only using private session for nearly a month.

Why are people not posting in the main thread where spotify staff have been posting?

I guess Google didn't bring us to that one. But thanks for posting the link. Too bad they still haven't fixed it.

Maybe if you turn off the device that it keeps playing on it will stop. 🙂

Maybe if they just fixed the problem it would stop?

Suggested posts