Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing music after I've silenced my alarm

Spotify starts playing music after I've silenced my alarm

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android v.10

My Question or Issue

I have my alarm set to play a certain Spotify playlist to wake me up every morning. However, for the last couple mornings, a few minutes after I've dismissed my alarm, Spotify starts playing the song again, much quieter though. The only way I can stop it from playing, is to open the app again, which shows the music is paused, press play and then pause again to stop it. 

I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, logging out of all other devices, etc.

9 Replies

I am having the exact same problem with a Pixel 3XL. It seems to happen about 10 min after I have turned off my alarms. Music suddenly starts playing (quite loudly for me), but it cuts in and out and sounds like it is buffering really badly. There is no notification in the notification bar. I open Spotify and it shows that music is paused. I have to press play and then pause to get it to stop. 

Yea, that's the exact issue for me! Except my volume slowly increases like my alarm does! Still no solution unfortunately! 

I have the same problem with a all my Nokia Android 10 devices. Very annoying.

It sounds like Spotify learned about the issue and has started rolling out an update to fix it. I installed the update and tested it and the music did not start playing after dismissing the alarm. Here's to hoping it is really fixed!

I had the same problem, and indeed it seems to be fixed, *but* it seems to be replaced with another problem: When I try create a new alarm, I try to select a playlist from the 'Spotify' tab in Alarm clock. After hitting the search button in the bottom right corner and typing a few letters, the tab blacks out (Spotify is killed in the background) and is reloaded with the default lists over and over again. I never get to see or select any of my personal recent playlists. 

Phone: Oneplus 3T 64GB 6GB

Spotify version: 8.5.44.941

It's almost 3 years later and I still have that problem 😔

It's been almost three years and still having that problem 😔

Same!!!!! But mine just started around January 2023! Had phone and no issues for over year prior!

Just had a galaxy s23 ultra... and my Spotify now opens after my alarm. Surely the bug can't be ok the newest version of a phone?

How do I get rid of this because it's driving me mad?!

Suggested posts