NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing music after phone calls

Spotify starts playing music after phone calls

Plan - Free

Country - Australia

Device - Google Pixel

Operating System - Android 9

My Question or Issue

I've been listening to Spotify then pause a track and minimise the app. If I receive or make a phone call, once the call is ended, Spotify just starts playing where it left off, even though Spotify has been off for hours. The little Spotify window, that either pops up when the phone is locked or it's tucked away in my drop down menu, is non responsive. I have to open the app and pause the song from there. I also can't seem to close the little Spotify window from my drop down menu 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried logging out and logging back in too, but I still keep having the same issue. It's very annoying.

I used to have premium but then I changed to the free version, it may be coincidental, but I think this started happening around the same time I made the change.  Would really love this problem fixed, almost just changed to YouTube but I thought I'd best try and resolve the problem first.

1 Reply

I am also having this issue.  Galaxy S8 Spotify Premium.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  No music is playing, I will answer a call on Bluetooth headset and music starts playing loud when the call ends.  Music was not playing before the call.  I will close all apps on phone and it is still playing music.  I need to start Spotify to get the music to stop.  I see lots of posts about this issue but I don't see a fix yet.

Suggested posts