Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify starts playing on my Android device without prompt

Spotify starts playing on my Android device without prompt

For about a month I have been having problems with my Spotify Premium account. I am a fitness instructor and I use spotify for my playlists in my classes. I also use Spotify for personal music consumption, and have a tons of music downloaded to my phone. Proably about 20 different times whitn the last month, I will be playing spotify from an iMac in the studio while teaching, and the music will just stop playing. When I go to restart the music, a different song that is not even on the playlist I'm listening to will start playing. At fist I had no idea what was going on, but after this happened about 5x+, I realized that the song was showing up as paused on my android device when I would next look at my phone. i didn't even have the Android app open on my phone/wasn't using it at all any of these days. This is obviously a huge problem for me. It happened again last week, and I realized it happened and shut off my phone and it was fine. I've tried deleting and re-installing the app, and recently I had to factory reset my phone for an unrelated problem. Yet, it just happened to me again (thankfully not while I was teaching this time). I looked down at my phone while at work, and I haven't opened the spotify app on my device in days, yet it just showed me that a track was paused in the notifcation drawer.  What is happening? and do you have a true fix for me? I can't just have to shut off my phone before I teach every single time. that is ridiculous.

1 Reply

Sounds like you're having issues with what's called Spotify Connect. The easiest way to disable this is to put the Spotify app on your phone in 'Offline' mode. It seems a lot of people are experiencing issues like this with connect; I hope Spotify will allow some way of toggling this feature within the Android app in the future. However my suggestion (unless rooted) to put Spotify in Offline mode is currently the only way to disable this.

There's a thread at the top of this forum detailing how to disable Connect if you're interested.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts