Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Huawei P20 Lite,

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

Spotify starts playing randomly on my daughters Android (Huawei P20)
Googled it but did not found any answers othet than it would be fixed in the 8.1 update, and noticing very many people having this exact problem. (This one has version using 8.4.66.733)
Since the original post adressing this was locked I made a new. 

Solved the issue (for now) by: Stop Spotify if running; turning off notifications in [applications-> application manager-> Spotify-Notifications- Allow notifications],
open and close spotify, and then turn on notifications again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify starts playing randomly on Android

Regular

That was the first thing I tried.
I guess that if the Spotify App is updated under the right conditions (app running, permissions, etc.) on Android 8 the AudioFocusRequest parameter are not updated before closing the app - and when some other app call requestAudioFocus() Spotify also starts. -And turning off and on the notifications resets it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Roadie

Hey @nakiel, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We're happy to see that everything is under control. However, if her Spotify account starts playing without notice, we'd recommend to log out everywhere following the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/how-to-log-out/.

Take care 🙂

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

That was the first thing I tried.
I guess that if the Spotify App is updated under the right conditions (app running, permissions, etc.) on Android 8 the AudioFocusRequest parameter are not updated before closing the app - and when some other app call requestAudioFocus() Spotify also starts. -And turning off and on the notifications resets it.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS