Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stop playing after every song. Sony Xperia Z5 compact

Spotify stop playing after every song. Sony Xperia Z5 compact

After the latest update to 3.9.0.965 the playback stops at the end of every song. No error message is shown and if I press next the next song will play but then stop again at the end.
47 Replies

Installing the APK works, but there is clearly a conflict between the latest update and the Sony Z5 range which needs to be fixed, how long will we have to stay on the out-dated version for until we can update to a current version. Spotify definitely need to sort this, rather than us just sticking to the previous working version.

Many thanks for th apk link though, gonna be a great stop-gap until the issue is resolved

www.youtube.com/davetay44

Still having the Same Problem on z5 compact

Using a BT headset it's working as expected for me. Also activating 1 second of crossfade in the app.

The crossfade workaround seems to be working for me too (Z5).

I'm seeing the same on the regular Z5.  Is this related to the Stamina mode on the Z5. It's probably cutting out the network as the screen is off, thinking there's no traffic that needs preserving? Maybe setting the app in the ignore list might help. I'll poke about and report back...

It's not the stamina, I've never used it and the issue appeared after the last Spotify upgrade.

"It's not the stamina, I've never used it and the issue appeared after the last Spotify upgrade."

+1 definitely a result of the last update

Z5 compact here, same issue, though no big deal since I'm returning this phone. No support for standard three button Android headphones means I either buy proprietary Sony unit or pull the phone or of my pocket for reliable/easy volume and track control.

Sad, cuz I really like this phone. I'll just get a nexus again.

Btw, crossfade tweak worked for me

Installed upgrade and crossfade tweak worked for me too

I've had the same issue on my Z5, but also on the desktop app on Windows 7, with the common factor being that I used my earphones that came with the Z5 in both cases... Maybe this is the root cause? Just checked actually, and the next song plays automatically on my Z5 without headphones plugged in... Hope that helps!

yeah, crossfade trick is ok!

Same issue on z5 compact. I've used the crossfade workaround, but really going a new update will come out soon. A shame that it would be an issue with Sony phones with  the PS4 and spotify partnership. Surely this would be something to get right... 

I'm interested in your headphone solutions for the Z5.

Three buttons anyone?

I was disappointed the handset didn't come with any headphones, but I personally just use the ones that came with my Z3 for answering calls and skipping tracks. When I want to listen to something in better quality audio I have various pairs of Sennheiser phones and a couple of Grado heaphones which are exceptionally nice

Had the same problem since last update on my Z5C, and this worked! Making sure i turned off autoupdate in the app store. Thanks, this has been so annoying the last week.

Thanks alot! I was almost thinking the Xperia Z5 was crap. But the apk file that is linked earlier in this thread made it possible to listen to spotify again. Now its just the problem I have with the sound skipping when streaming over Bluetooth left to be solved (seems to work OK with screen on.)

One thing I've noticed, and I haven't touched cross-fade, it's still on 0 for me, is that the problem only occurs when I start playing from the widget. If I open the app, and press play from there, I never get a problem. So, it could be some power-saving where the network drops unless the app is in the foreground. My company used to write power-saving apps for Android, and we used that logic in our drivers, so they (Spotify or Sony) may be doing something similar in that upgrade Anyway, hope that helps...! 🙂

Thanks this worked for me

Hi

I have sony Xperia z3compact - same problem/  sony Xperia Z1- not a problem(older android version)

And a Iphone 6 plus - same problem/ iphone 4 -  not a problem(older IOS version)

You know if Spotify is gona fix this the proper way? I think this problem must be on al cellphones when you try to play downloaded playlists, i don`t happen so often when I play playlists thats not downloaded to the device, maybe only after some songs on that is downloaded.

It seems that it is a problem on all new phones for me, not the same problem on phones with older android or ios versions...

Suggested posts