Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stop playing music - LG G6

Spotify stop playing music - LG G6

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Since about a week I have very annoying problem with Spotify.

It stops playing song. I'm listening my playlist and it just stops in the middle of the song, like I would pressed "STOP". Today it happend four times - more or less every 20 min! It is not a big problem if I'm at my desk, where I can press "PLAY" button at any time. But it is very annoying when it happens on my bike. I'm riding it every day for 2h. When the music stops I have to stop, take my phone and start it again! This is not happening to any other players I'm using on the phone - I can listen to any online radio station or google music - it works, just Spotify keeps stopping!

, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.

5 Replies

Hey @So_Y512.

Sorry to hear you're having such an annoying inconvenience. I ride my bicycle to work every day, so I know where you're coming from.

Just to confirm, are you getting any error messages or pop-ups about other devices using your Spotify when this happens? Also, have you noticed any unwanted activity on your Spotify, like recently played artists or songs you would never listen to?

In the meantime, let us know the exact Spotify version, and if it happens regardless of the sound output device you use (e.g. speaker, headsets etc).

If you've already tried some troubleshooting, let us know what exactly you've done so far, and we'll gladly see what to suggest.

Keep us in the loop.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hello,

There is no message while it stops playing. I'm using this account on few other devices and I'm familiar with the popup message, that my account is used on other device, but this is not the case. There is no obvious reason for this action. It looks like I would press "STOP" buton, nothing else is happening.

The only thing I have done was to restart the phone.

I'm always using my earphones while listening to spotify.

Spotify version is: 8.4.60.741 armV7

I have wrote above message few days ago, and while I was posting you had a maintenace break. Now I got back to it.

There is additional update. I was playing spotify yestrady on a speaker. I did not used earphones, and it seems to be fine. It was playing for like 2h without stoping.

Therefore, I think we can assume that the problem only occurs while I'm using earphones. It happend even now, while I'm typing this message 🙂

I have checked one more thing. My earphones have microphone, and a button, to recieve/end incoming call, or to stop/play music. To be sure that it is not a problem with this button I had also used other earphones. It stopped too.

While I'm using thesame earphones on my other phone, I don't have this problem.

I have no other ideas for testing this odd behavior.

I can add on to So_Y512's complaint. I too have this issue on Spotify's Android app...I would be playing music from one of my playlists and suddenly the music stops. No error messages, no crash logs. What is frustrating is when Spotify stops the music, I can't simply use my headphone to resume the music. I have to manually go on the app and resume the music from there.

Another thing I noticed is that the app usually puts up a sticky notification (can't swipe it away) in my Android notification drawer on the track that is currently playing with the basic playback controls - back, play/pause, forward. But I do not see it there anymore and that could be a culprit as to why my phone thinks there is no music playing?

Needless to say, I don't like the latest version of the app because of this nuisance.

Subscription: Spotify Premium

App version: 8.4.60.741

Device used: Google Pixel 2 XL

Device OS: Android 8.1.0 (Oreo)

Playback output(s): Phone internal speakers; Bluetooth

@So_Y512 Thanks for getting back to us!

Just to confirm, are the headphones you used to test this Bluetooth or wired? Also, is the other phone you used Android 8.0 as well?

I also suggest using a different Spotify account to see if it behaves the same. It doesn't matter if the account you use is Free or Premium.

@weonyuan, have you tried any troubleshooting for this? Let us know if you've done some of the testing posted above.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi,

My headphones are wired. And like in case weonyuan has, after this unwanted stop,  I also can not play the music by pressing the button on headphones. I have to go to the app and press "Play" button on the phone.

My other device is Samsung S7 with Android 8.0.0 and Spotify 8.4.60.741 armV7

I did not 

Suggested posts