Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Sony Xperia XZ1 

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify stopped connecting to Echo. As of yesterday, Spotify won't connect to my Echo. I had been connected earlier in the day, and hadn't changed anything. Spotify shows the Echo as an available device, but when I select it, it says, "Connecting" for a minute or so, and then reverts back to saying, "Available devices". If I ask Alexa to play XYZ, it says, "Playing XYZ from Spotify", but doesn't do it. Obviously the Echo perceives a connection. I've checked the status of my Spotify Premium account, and it's fine. I disconnected and reconfigured my Spotify account and my Amazon Alexa account, but it didn't help. 

5 Replies

It doesn't look as though there's much helpful activity on this forum. Anyway, I resolved the problem, after trying everything else, by removing and reinstalling the Alexa app. 

It happened again today, and again I  had to remove and reinstall the Alexa app. Still, it seems to be a Spotify problem, because Alexa sees Spotify, but Spotify doesn't see the Echo. Also, the Echo was connecting to other Smart Home devices. 

Having a same problem here, but removing and reinstalling alexa app didn't solved it... why.... 

Oh I solved it by removing power cable from my echo and replug. Just like that after so many other things I've tried😂 

Hey there @S_Woods,

Thanks for the post and for sharing what solved the issue for you. Other users facing the same problem will find this very helpful.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts